PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or acid or..??

flappergirl
03-09-17, 02:38
I am having a total meltdown at the moment as I have symptoms which are worrying me. I had a stomach bug about a month ago and since then I have had gastritis with acid reflux. I am on PPI which calmed the acid I could feel rising and the gastritis cleared up more or less. I started Citalopram 3 weeks or so ago and the week I did my anxiety ramped up. I had chest pain and throat lump feeling and eventually had a massive panic attack which was terrifying. My anxiety feeling seems to have lessened but I still have a lump feeling in my
Throat, which is there on and off all day. My back feels sore by my shoulder blade and it hurts to press on it. I feel it in my chest too. I am terrified that I have some kind of C.... The doc that saw me 3 weeks ago said it could be anxiety or acid reflux. My shoulder and back muscles are very tense and I have been thinking anxiety but today I feel a lot worse :( I do have some stressful events on the horizon which probably raised my anxiety.

Have you had anxiety symptoms like this? Or reflux symptoms? Terrified it is something worse and I am struggling to think of anything else 😭😭

Melonpony
03-09-17, 02:50
Same reflux symptoms (gastritis, feeling of acid, and throat lump) that do tend to appear when I'm stressed or anxious (which I guess is all the time these days...)
The chest pain I've also had. It sounds like muscular pain that could benefit SIGNIFICANTLY from a professional massage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

flappergirl
03-09-17, 09:06
Thanks! Docs have mentioned on previous appointments that I could do with massage therapy...will have a look into it.

I have been really worrying this morning and the more I worry the more I feel the pain and it spreads. So I guess it is anxiety! I have been worried about work a lot lately as well as a family party we're holding later (these things stress me unbelievably...I think I suffer from social anxiety too) so that is probably why I feel more symptoms. I am consoling myself that the pain and other feelings come and go during the day and some days almost disappear. I reason that something serious would get worse and be persistent....