PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about a lymph node

Thelegend27
03-09-17, 13:34
so i had this annoying cold for a few days now and its clearing up, but im not sure how i noticed this but i felt a preauricular lymph node, or at least i believe its a node its in the exact spot, anyway its small right in front of the earlobe. i read that these are nearly always harmless in this area, but i was wondering what makes these nodes swell. im not sure if its actually swollen because its so small but i cant feel the one on the right. i do feel like i have stuffy ears like maybe fluid behind them i guess from the cold but im not sure if these nodes are even related to the ear, i read it drains the eyes, scalp, and temples. and no im not worried that this particular node is cancer i just wanted to know what causes it as i know alot of you have palpable nodes.

MyNameIsTerry
03-09-17, 14:14
Lymph nodes are busy carrying the crap out of the body. When we have an increased load, they swell to take that load. Localised infections are a very common reason why they swell as they are busy dumping the nasties for us...and that's why many a GP feels them when you have a virus. :winks:

Thelegend27
03-09-17, 17:29
What does the parotid nodes drain? i was wondering if i could link it to my cold, i had sore throat, stuff runny nose/sinuses and chest congestion with phlegm.

nivekc251
03-09-17, 18:23
Definitely they drain anything that deals with ENT. Mine got huge when I had tonsillitis and they never fully went down.

Thelegend27
04-09-17, 21:24
Thanks I was just curious, its very small like a bb or smaller and it doesn't hurt atm but of course it may have been tender and is now going down and I just didn't realize it was there until now. And I don't make a connection between that bump and the rest of my nodes because my other nodes have been the same coming up on a year now so I'm sure if anything was going on some changes would have happened and it wouldn't take a year. Oh well I guess I'll put it to the side and leave it alone unless it gets bigger.