PDA

View Full Version : don't know if this is MS or sinus problems

amy357
03-09-17, 15:50
Hi, so for a couple of weeks I had a front right-sided headache and I didn't think anything of it because I had them before and they always went away. But, then I also noticed my right pupil was bigger so I immediately thought brain tumour or MS. It's mostly my right which is bigger, sometimes the left but they always get smaller in bright light, even if they are still a bit unequal.

I read somewhere that sinus issues can cause uneven pupils, but I only found it on one other website I think, so i'm not sure if this is true? Because in the day time I feel okay and at night time when I'm lying down I suddenly get lots of mucus in my throat and a runny nose and can't stop sneezing.

Does anyone else who suffers with sinus problems know if this sounds like a more likely explanation to my unequal pupils, especially because of my runny nose/mucus in throat only at night?

Also the headache is going and at night i'm not sneezing as much but the pupils are still unequal which is worrying.

Thanks if anyone replies, i'm really worried.:weep:

AntsyVee
03-09-17, 18:34
All of it sounds like sinus problems...even if one pupil seems more dialated than the other. Honestly only a doc can diagnose the pupil thing. Most HAers are too anxious to see it objectively. I don't know why MSwould even factor into this equation.

angelasun
31-12-17, 00:15
It sounds like a sinus infection. When you have a sinus infection, your sinuses get inflamed. This can affect the nearby nerves, blood vessels, teeth even. It seems like your one sided headache is definitely because of your sinuses putting pressure on your face. Because your eye’s blood vessels are nearby, I would think it’s really likely that your pupil is larger on the affected side because of the pressure. Also the reason why you’re getting congested when you lay down is because the angle probably is relieving the pressure on your sinuses, causing them to drain and for the mucus that collects there during the day to escape into your nose/throat/etc. don’t worry about it!