PDA

View Full Version : Ladies please give me your insight!! Panicking

goldie84
03-09-17, 20:18
Hi everyone. I'm panicking a bit as my next doctors appointment is coming up in October and I always get anxious over this.

I'm 32 .. married and have High risk hpv... the bad kind that can give you cancer. My last Pap smear showed lgsil and still the high grade hpv and so I got a colposcopy and biopsy which showed normal cells. They wanted to monitor me after six months and so that's why the October doctors appt. I'm just terrified tht I haven't cleared this out of my system and that maybe they'll find something that has been growing in there. My ob told me I'd be fine to start trying to have a baby but I'm still terrified and frozen on that. Any advice or hs anyone been through this? I just want to get a clear result!

nomorepanic
03-09-17, 20:41
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

thestruggle
03-09-17, 21:03
I personally haven't been through this, but recently had a load of HA over my first ever smear. Silly me left it for 10 years and didn't have one.. so of course I thought the worst! I was told by multiple people including one woman who works in cancer services for the NHS that even having "abnormal" cells doesn't automatically mean they will turn into anything bad.. the fact you're being checked every 6 months is brilliant because it's highly unlikely anything will change in that time frame and IF (a big IF) it does, then it will detected so early it can be dealt with :) If you've been advised you can get pregnant then you're probably alright to do so, unless you'd feel better getting another normal result after your next appointment..

Hope you get the reassurance you need :)

goldie84
03-09-17, 21:17
I personally haven't been through this, but recently had a load of HA over my first ever smear. Silly me left it for 10 years and didn't have one.. so of course I thought the worst! I was told by multiple people including one woman who works in cancer services for the NHS that even having "abnormal" cells doesn't automatically mean they will turn into anything bad.. the fact you're being checked every 6 months is brilliant because it's highly unlikely anything will change in that time frame and IF (a big IF) it does, then it will detected so early it can be dealt with :) If you've been advised you can get pregnant then you're probably alright to do so, unless you'd feel better getting another normal result after your next appointment..

Hope you get the reassurance you need :)

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. I am just really nervous about the fact that I still haven't cleared the HPV and have been going through this for going on three years now. It worries me that something sinister is going to happen. :(

thestruggle
03-09-17, 21:46
There is a risk of course... :) but even having HPV, there are so many strains of it and not all cause cancer for definite...even the ones that apparently do, probably won't in your case. I think the statistics can be frightening only because it's generally more reported when someone does end up having something happen to them and it's linked. Google never reports the tons of people who have the virus and nothing comes of it.. Can understand that you're worried though. Must be quite frustrating too that the virus is still lingering.. :hugs: