PDA

View Full Version : omen?

TBPowa
04-09-17, 00:09
i am terrified of death, to the point of analyzing every little phenomenon that could be an omen of my death. today is my birthday, and i saw crows diving from the roof of my house. it never happened before, and i'm scared that it means that i will die at this age. i also have health anxiety and i've been worrying over bowel cancer, so i'm scared i will die from that. is this an omen???

Phill2
04-09-17, 01:54
i am terrified of death, to the point of analyzing every little phenomenon that could be an omen of my death. today is my birthday, and i saw crows diving from the roof of my house. it never happened before, and i'm scared that it means that i will die at this age. i also have health anxiety and i've been worrying over bowel cancer, so i'm scared i will die from that. is this an omen???

I used to be the same even to thinking the funeral insurance ads on TV were especially aimed at me.
It's just your anxiety playing games with your head - try your best to ignore it.

MyNameIsTerry
04-09-17, 02:23
Phill's right. As a Magical Thinker I would see things as possible signs of something and feel the need to have compulsions around them.

They can't magically change your life just as you thinking something can't either (try to create something with your thoughts, it proves you can't influence the physical world without action).

The more you reduce your anxiety levels, the more you stop caring about these things.

Happy birthday. :birthday::birthday1: I hope your anxiety calms down and you have a good day.

Phill2
04-09-17, 05:15
Phill's right. As a Magical Thinker I would see things as possible signs of something and feel the need to have compulsions around them.

They can't magically change your life just as you thinking something can't either (try to create something with your thoughts, it proves you can't influence the physical world without action).

The more you reduce your anxiety levels, the more you stop caring about these things.

Happy birthday. :birthday::birthday1: I hope your anxiety calms down and you have a good day.

I tried thinking I'd won the lottery.
No luck yet.

MyNameIsTerry
04-09-17, 06:16
I tried thinking I'd won the lottery.
No luck yet.

Same here every year and still no Nigella in my Xmas stocking :noangel:

Phill2
04-09-17, 06:44
Nigella
Now there's a wish worth making :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
04-09-17, 07:11
Nigella
Now there's a wish worth making :winks:

I spread the wishbone provocatively. And as for pulling my cracker...:biggrin:

Phill2
04-09-17, 07:26
I think we're off topic as far as helping the original poster goes but you've given me food for thought :D