PDA

View Full Version : Spot on Scalp?

veryworriedgal
04-09-17, 01:28
Yesterday, i felt a lump on my skull - i didn't suspect anything bad, as humans we are lumpy in different areas! not long after it had a slight itch and i itched in that area (gently) and not too long after doing so the lesion started to burn. It's a yellow looking spot with places that bleed or just get extremely dark red. i can't tell. I'm too afraid to look into skin cancer online as i don't want to trigger my health anxiety so i cannot tell if this painful and itchy spot should be something to worry about, but my health anxiety is still triggered for the simple fact that i don't know if it could be that so my brain is looming on the fact "It IS" even though i feel it unlikely. I attached an image, but it was taken with my phone and my hair is in the way so it is likely difficult to see. I havent had any common malignancy symptoms, but i would like to know if this looks like something i should worry about! http://ibb.co/k8N4Mv

NervUs
04-09-17, 03:06
I would give it some time to go away. If it's still there in a month, get it checked out. That is the guideline for skin bumps. I bet it will go away.

thestruggle
04-09-17, 10:59
It could be a bit of psoriasis.. I'm sure you can get the one area like that :) maybe try an anti-fungal or anti-bacterial shampoo if you can get one and see if that clears it up.. if not then definitely visit your doctor, especially if it gets worse!