PDA

View Full Version : Just hit my head on a shelf, concussion ? Brain bleed?

Jotia
04-09-17, 22:15
I just bent over to pick something up from the floor and on the way up I hit the top of my head of a shelf. It made a really loud bang but didn't really hurt but now I have a tender patch. I'm terrified of getting concussion or a brain bleed, what are the chances ?

thestruggle
04-09-17, 22:22
I was in the gym and bent down to pick something up..I was in the squat rack and as I came up I bashed my head on the bar (weighs 20kg), enough to knock it off the thing it sits in.. it hurt for quite a few days afterwards and one spot was quite tender. Do you have a lump? I didn't get much of one. I think rule of thumb with banging your head is to see how it goes and if you start feeling sick or getting a bad headache then you should get checked, just in case! Do you feel alright?

Jotia
04-09-17, 22:27
I feels ok just anxious, it doesn't even hurt unless I press it. It's just I have to go to bed now and I'm scared I won't wake up.

Midnight-mouse
04-09-17, 22:28
Rule of thumb is if you feel drowsy, dizzy or you feel sick or actually are sick then you need to be checked over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kitkat3478
04-09-17, 22:39
Hi, I would reckon if your not feeling sick or dizzy or in pain, then you will be fine, get off too your bed and get a good nights sleep :)

thestruggle
04-09-17, 23:04
I think you'd know if you'd done some real damage.. the skull is a lot tougher than you realise and can take a lot! Think of all the people who have serious accidents involving their heads and are alright after they get better :) If you're having to press your head to feel pain then you should be ok.. Just keep an eye on how you feel over the next couple of days.. Sleep will definitely help!