PDA

View Full Version : Headache and temple twitches

Jordan_21
05-09-17, 06:41
Hi all,

Recently I have been experiencing what is more than likely a tension headache (anxiety trying to convince me otherwise). Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced sensations akin to painless spasms/twitching/jerking in the temple area? Both near the eyes and further up? It does hurt to touch this area (baturally I guess), but alongside that my scalp also feels like it has something crawling on it.

Kinda starting to overwhelm me, anyone ever experience anything similar?

Sometimes it helps to know I am not alone in what I feel.... :unsure:

Thank you.

amy357
05-09-17, 13:30
This sounds weird but I've been having brain tumour fears and i'm constantly checking my face isn't drooping or i haven't got facial paralysis, so when i'm just sitting down i always raise my eyebrows repeatedly and frown just to check I still can do it! And since starting this anxiety-related habit my eyebrow/ temple twiches.

of course i relate it to MS or something but logically it's anxiety.

I think your twicthing is probably for the same reason as me, tension in your forehead due to stress and also if you aren't sleeping well or are tired this can cause twitching.

Also about the crawling sensation, I don't get it on my scalp but i get it on my legs and it does feel like loads of bugs are crawling on me. I was really worried about this but i'm glad i'm not alone so it makes me more reassured, i think it's just anxiety.

Hope you will feel better soon!