PDA

View Full Version : New symptoms after 25 years of anxiety?

Beckybecks
05-09-17, 09:40
After 25 years of anxiety, the symptoms had become almost familiar and less frightening. So just to make sure I don't become too relaxed ... LOL ... my mind has introduced some new symptoms. Nausea and knock-out dizziness.

I know they're common anxiety symptoms but with HA everything causes anxiety.
And the anxiety causes the symptoms.

After a month of this I'm becoming more and more anxious.
Is this another form of IBS (I get a bout of that every so often too)

Anyone else?

helenclaire
05-09-17, 09:54
Hi,
I have had anxiety/panic issues for 17 years. Over the last few months I have been crippled by terrible dizziness which has led to me avoiding lots of things. I struggle everyday with it and find it the hardest symptom to accept as it is so hard to accept that anxiety is the cause.
I try to carry on as normally as I can but it's so hard.
I pray one day I'll wake up and it'll be gone but it's a constant worry and makes me so tired.
I hope you find something that helps you I really feel for you x

Beckybecks
05-09-17, 10:45
Hi Helenclaire, thanks for your reply. It always helps when someone comes back with similar symptoms and we feel we're not alone.
Actually I have had dizziness before, it's just the constant nausea that's new to me.

I really do sympathise with you because I know how hard it is. All the horrid thoughts that went through my mind.....

I think you're doing the right thing by trying to ignore it, that's what I did. I just carried on as normal and tried not to give it too much space in my mind. I went for lots of walks and kept reminding myself that I wouldn't be able to do that if it was something worse than anxiety that was causing it. It did go eventually so I hope this gives you a little reassurance and that you soon recover. x