PDA

View Full Version : do other anxiety sufferers get this & how to deal with it?

amy357
05-09-17, 13:25
Hi, so when I'm having a bad day when i'm overthinking everything (basically all the time) I get quite forgetful, for example if i'm talking i'll be worrying about something in my head as i'm talking and then my concentration will focus on the worry and i'll forget what i was saying and trail off.

It's embarrassing when I'm talking to my friends or family and I suddenly have to ask them what was I talking about? because one moment ago i was talking fine but then my mind just focuses on my anxiety.

This in turn makes me more anxious because then i feel like i'm trying too hard to stay focussed on what i'm talking about, so i trail off again worrying about this!

Does anyone else experience this and have you got any ways to cope with it?

Also I get really bad health anxiety and i'm currently having an MS/brain tumour fear and whenever I suddenly forget what i was talking about it makes my health anxiety worse thinking it's because of a disease or something, even though logically it's my anxiety.

Thanks!

happybunny13
05-09-17, 13:37
Yes I had this the other day my anxiety was a bit high and I kept stumbling over my words and repeating words.i was ordering food and the waiter probly fort I was drunk or an idiot as I was stuttering. Maybe because my anxiety was high I noticed it more and paid more attention to it. It does spark my health anxiety as I think of what it's the start of something bad and my brains not working properly. But then the next day my anxiety has come down and I'm not stuttering or repeating myself and I dont think of it asmuch. I just think good old anxiety again

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk