PDA

View Full Version : Hurt a tendon?

Hypomean
06-09-17, 07:40
For about 2 or more weeks I've been dealing with a pain on one leg after having slept on the floor and had my leg completely and tightly folded, calf to back of thigh. Woke up to ton of pain and then it's been hurting since. More after rest. If I move around the pain leaves. I went dancing this past weekend and my knee hurt so bad the day after. Followed by heaviness since Sunday night. I should mention that the pain is at the back of my knee and to the outside of my calf and thigh.

Could I have overly stretched a tendon?
My DVT fears did come up with this. It went away but today they came back with the thought of me just dropping dead from a atypical blood clot symptoms.

Something says it's the tendon BUT I've only heard from being active and high intense sports that can cause tendon injury. Not by sleeping in an odd position.

ServerError
06-09-17, 11:23
Does it matter what it is? I mean, my leg hurts from just reading your description! Sleeping crumpled on the floor is going to lead to pain issues.

This is the type of thing you treat with rest, patience and painkillers. If it persists, go to the doctor. Some physio may be recommended.

EKB
06-09-17, 12:38
Exactly what ServerError said. And you can get tendonitis even if you're not extremely active. I get it in my ankle from wearing poor shoes for extended periods. Really, any over use beyond what's normal for you can exacerbate tendonitis.