PDA

View Full Version : Pain on left side only 🤔

Kellyann1977
06-09-17, 18:24
Hello everyone,
So I having been suffering with left side pain for about a year now, the pain is in and uder left breast and raps around my ripcage into the left shoulder blade.
It's constantly there, mornings are less painfully but by the evening it's full force.
Left flank feels sore as does my hip and groin.
Anyone else have one sided pain?
Gp has said it's fibromyalgia and costochondritis, so has put me on gabapentin amitriptyline Co-codamol and naproxen. Pain is still there.
So sick of this pain and thinking it could be something more serious.
I do suffer with health anxiety and have done for four years so these aches and pains are making me more anxious than ever.

binkman
06-09-17, 19:05
I was having some similar symptoms a few years ago, but it was a side effect of another illness that caused me to lose some weight. I lost enough muscle mass that I developed costochondritis and mild scoliosis. Since I recovered from the underlying illness the pain has gone away, but it took some time. Exercising to rebuild my core muscles really helped to straighten everything out and I really don't experience those symptoms any more unless I spend a lot of time sitting. Do you have the chance to exercise or move around during the day or do you spend a lot of time sitting at a desk?

Kellyann1977
06-09-17, 21:56
Hi binkman, I'm move around a lot during the day as a mother of 5 I don't get that much time to rest lol but when I do that is when the pain seems worse.
I do wonder if I'm symptoms are spine related, I do suffer with sciatic nerve pain down my left leg and often have back ache, I'm only 40 and feel like I'm 80 ��

binkman
07-09-17, 00:20
I know exactly how you feel. I should have said that my pain was on the right side and I have had sciatic problems on that side since an old football injury in high school.