PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and panic

ladyhawke77
06-09-17, 18:44
Havent posted in here for awhile but for ages now, i still have agoraphobia, havent had any anxiety for ages now but these last few days bloddy thing is playing up, feeling my balance is off, feels im on a rocky boad but im standing still which scares me and brings on my anxiety, anyone had these issues that can give me tips or advice to get rid if it or control, also im not on meds havent been in years, thanks in advance

ana
06-09-17, 19:56
I feel like that as well. Often times, my body feels paralysed with fear, like I can't move an inch when I'm walking outside. Every step feels like a humongous effort, the world around me feels like a blur, everything feels wrong and upside down.

Try and divide the road from point A to point B into more manageable sections, checkpoints, if you will. Take breaks (if possible,sit at a cafe for a refreshing drink) have a little sit down and focus on your breathing. Ring a friend, put some music on, distract yourself and keep going. It's just anxiety, and it can't hurt you. :)

ladyhawke77
06-09-17, 20:22
I dont leave my house at all hence why i have agoraphobia been like this for years and i know it cant hurt me just hate the emotions it gives me

ana
07-09-17, 10:16
Perhaps you could start gradually exposing yourself to the outside world... you don't need to go far,just to get some fresh air,step outside,change the environment. It will make you feel empowered. ☺

Senior Moment
07-09-17, 10:21
Why don't you check out website CBT4panic ?? I am finding it very helpful and something you can work through without having to go out. Just a thought !! It may help you because living like that is certainly no fun. x

ladyhawke77
11-09-17, 12:16
Living like this isnt fun but in some strange way i like it maybe its because i have been like this for years its normal, i dont know about anyone else but do you ever feel like the outside world is very alien to them, it happens to me, i do understand my panics and know why i have them ect... just hate all of the emotions it brings all hitting me at the same time, could also be been like this gets lonely

robinhall
11-09-17, 12:28
Hi Senior Moment
Glad to hear CBT4Panic is helping
If you recommend it you may also need to give the URL as well because it may not be obvious to everyone how to get to the site :-)

http://cbt4panic.org/

Darksky
11-09-17, 13:30
The outside works is bound to feel alien because it's not something you are part of.
Have you tried going out at night? The darkness and the stillness often forms a cover over you. Not far, just up the street maybe. Or go when it's raining, so the umbrella forms a cover. Again not far at first.

ladyhawke77
12-09-17, 21:22
I have tried going out around my estate at night its all i can do, if i try to push it abit the panics come back

Darksky
12-09-17, 22:27
I had a little dog that helped me. I didn't want to go out but the dog needed to be walked and I loved him too much to let him suffer so I took him out. At night, going further when I could do it. Then I progressed to walking him in the day.

It helped me to have something to force me out. It can get very comfortable in the prisons we build ourselves. We hate it but it's a million times better than what's outside, or rather our feelings that outside generates.

ladyhawke77
13-09-17, 02:33
Your right it does feel like a prison and feels like theres nothing outside that appeals to me, maybe i like been a reacluse, im not sure anymore

KK77
13-09-17, 14:03
Your right it does feel like a prison and feels like theres nothing outside that appeals to me, maybe i like been a reacluse, im not sure anymore

Is there anything you miss from when you were able to go out?

ladyhawke77
13-09-17, 20:54
No not really, the great thing of the internet, you can buy anything you want without leaving the house, so you see theres nothing i want to go out for

KK77
14-09-17, 23:07
Do you have a garden you can sit out in, or you not interested in that either?

ladyhawke77
15-09-17, 11:13
I like to sit in my garden when the weather is nice