PDA

View Full Version : Scared about palpitations- help needed now :(

Ethansmom
06-09-17, 22:56
Long story short, I got into a car accident yesterday morning and have been anxious all night and day. My medication dosage was increase and now this has happened. The thing is, i'm terrified of skipped heart beats/ pvc's, etc.. whatever you call them. I've been having them on and off for the past few hours. I haven't really eaten much today (due to anxiety), and thank goodness I have therapy tonight!

I took Xanax and it's not doing much to calm my brain and to curb these irrational thoughts about my heart flutters. I've had everything checked out, yet I continue to get these every time my anxiety is high. What can I do to get my mind out of the gutter right now? I'm at work and trying to focus on that. Thank you for listening.
so upset right now.

Catherine S
06-09-17, 23:12
Sorry you went through such a scary time with the accident, and glad you weren't badly injured. But obviously your stress levels will be really high. I've talked to you before about the skipped beats and flutters etc (previously I was known as ISB) so I won't repeat myself here. Only to say that when we are stressed and anxious it alters our breathing because it upsets the balance of carbon dioxide and oxygen which then also upsets a sensitive heart...which you and myself and lots of others experience every day.

I hope your therapy session helps you too.

Take care
Cath x

kitkat3478
06-09-17, 23:19
Hiya, I get these all day every day for a month, but I have had them on n off for 15 years, still not used to them ever, one thing I will say is if you haven't eaten much, that can cause palpitations/pvcs to be more frequent for some reason, I'm not saying eats load, eating little and often helps me with them a bit. X

Ethansmom
06-09-17, 23:58
Thank you Catherine S-- yes I do believe it alters your breathing. I've been trying to meditate today and it's taking the edge off slightly.

KitKat- your right, an empty stomach can cause these as well. I just had a bite to eat so hopefully they'll ease up. I can't wait for therapy tonight!