PDA

View Full Version : Lymph nodes again! Seriously stressed

becca98
07-09-17, 02:20
Hello! I'm 18 and I've been worried about lymph jokes on and off for about 3 years now, but not always the same ones, I was sat on the toliet about a week about and I felt a little lump on my left side under my jaw and I thought oh here we go again, I have had panic attacks now since and I am feeling it almost every other 6 minutes, it feels like a pea when I touch it and press it but when I feel it with 3 fingers like how the doctors do it feels a bit larger like a marble, it's really starting to worry me, but as I have a cold and that I don't want to go doctors just yet, I really can't stop worrying to the point now where I'm up till 6 am feeling it, surely it shouldn't be like this? Health anxiety is horrible and I'm pregnant so I feel so alone, my dad says how glands can be felt most times and they're larger under the jaw because of your tonsils and other stuff but I just can't believe him, I'm not sure if my head is making it seem bigger too, I beg someone help me! I really can't cope much longer with this fear.

Iamafish2017
07-09-17, 18:52
You are not alone. You will be okay, and trust me, find the post on the first page about anxiety related to lymph nodes (think it's 'If you're experiencing anxiety due to swollen lymph nodes READ THIS NOW'). I've experienced swollen nodes - nothing compares to the terror in my experience �� - and from what I've heard they're usually the size of a golf ball if they're POTENTIALLY serious. Pea-sized means they're just fighting an infection. But trust me, find the post! It'll help xx

becca98
07-09-17, 22:55
You are not alone. You will be okay, and trust me, find the post on the first page about anxiety related to lymph nodes (think it's 'If you're experiencing anxiety due to swollen lymph nodes READ THIS NOW'). I've experienced swollen nodes - nothing compares to the terror in my experience �� - and from what I've heard they're usually the size of a golf ball if they're POTENTIALLY serious. Pea-sized means they're just fighting an infection. But trust me, find the post! It'll help xx

Aww lovely, thank you for telling me about that thread! How are you doing? :noangel:

Iamafish2017
08-09-17, 12:25
My pleasure :) I'm taking this day by day. I've been speaking with my therapist about it and that has been helping. Plus since discovering NMP I've been able to curb my Googling tendencies (which went crazy for a few months, it was horrible!). I've been trying to respond to anxiety with anger lately, which helps to take away some of the helplessness, as well as allowing me to find some sort of humour in the situation. Step by step!