PDA

View Full Version : Fatal hypoxia or anxiety?

SeagullTerror
06-08-17, 01:14
My anxiety began in June/Early may when i felt a lump in my throat and thought I was dying, I went to the doctors and they saw nothing, got an x-ray of my throat and chest which came back clear. And got a blood test and swab which both came back clear. I also went to an ENT (the looked down my throat with a scope) and a doctor who found nothing of concern.

I've started to develop more symptoms after all these visits and its starting to scare me. I have had a constant sinus problem for a month now, that being: clogged nose, sore throat, stuffed ears, able to feel my neck glands etc. I'm having some stomach problems as well, that being, a lot of air in my stomach and chest. I also tend to swallow a lot of air when this happens. When I get these anxious bouts, now granted the symptoms do come and go and I get all these (minus the sinus issues) once or twice a day, although It seems that my stomach stays constantly bloated. I can eat pretty big, but when I do I feel extremely bloated (which also sends me into panic). All these symptoms came on after my first real experience with 'anxiety', I was in perfect physical health prior to this. My muscles also ache sometimes, and I had a problem with my legs burning although now that is seemingly GONE.

My anxiety bouts usually begin after I either start feeling chest pressure, or I get a very small sensation and I start to feel my throat closing up. The chest pressure usually becomes worse or present after eating. Although, not always. I've also been having really depressive moods that come and go as well, Ive had these coming and going 'moods' my entire life I can remember, its only gotten worse. I have also been having dizziness and have been getting easily dehydrated.

Should I be worried, i've been to the doc over and over. I'm actually writing this in one of these bouts.

I have a therapist, i'm only 16 and i'm new to this. I want to overcome this.

Thanks for reading my lovely, anxious, family,

Godbless.

Thelegend27
06-08-17, 11:37
Health anxiety is defined by a person who worries excessively, and who constantly seeks reassurance either online or by real doctors and despite what they are told they continue to worry. So in your case, it sounds like anxiety, you've had tests done and the doctors didn't find anything and that is good reassurance, but your mind keeps playing games with you because your anxiety has now taken over. If you feel like something has changed another trip to the doc won't hurt.

Pea Tear Griffin
08-08-17, 10:33
Wow I could have wrote this :hugs:I have had stomach problems since my first panic attack 3 months ago.

SeagullTerror
07-09-17, 07:12
So recently, i've been getting this feeling that when I'm exhaling, I'm not exhaling at all (past couple days). I've been finding myself putting a finger under my nose to make sure air comes out of it. I've had really bad short term memory as of late, and I've been getting this feeling where my body goes numb and it feels like I can't breathe (lasts a second but has started becoming more frequent over the last couple days). Now I've been having a really bad [what I believe to be] sinus infection. So I've only been able to breathe through one nostril at a time. My parents won't take me to the hospital at all. I've been getting dizzy, but it goes away. And my fingers aren't blue or anything. Any ideas?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Elen
07-09-17, 07:51
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen