PDA

View Full Version : Shaking and fear. Scared of MS or Parkinsons

PanicJ
07-09-17, 22:54
Hey guys. I've been coming to these forums for some time since my health anxiety has started but i thought I would try to tell my story and get your thoughts. I am a 31 year old male with a history of anxiety. However, nothing quite like this.

4 months ago, I had symptoms of what seemed to be a UTI. Pain in pelvis and a LOT of pressure. I needed to sleep with a heating pad it was so bad. I finally went to the doc who gave me the all clear of a UTI. He thought I had a prostate infection and put me on antibiotics. Several weeks went by and the antibiotics weren't working. He put me on several other antibiotics as well with no luck. Shortly after this happened I developed tinnitus in one ear. This is when my downward spiral began. I started googling all day and all night and was convinced I had everything from a brain tumor to some sort of bladder cancer. Shortly after this, i noticed my thumbs were shaking when i used my phone. I went to the ER and had a CT Scan of my mid section with no problems found. I also had an MRI with contrast of my brain which also came back clear.

Since all of this happened, I developed a constant tremor in my hands and a full body internal tremor that i can feel when I'm about to fall asleep or when I wake up. Sometimes it is so severe it feels like an earthquake. This tremor goes away after about 30 seconds of waking up but it scares me so much I can't fall back asleep. I'm also experience spasms in my hands while falling asleep.

I'm currently taking lorozapam to help me sleep and it works well. I am able to sleep through the night with this but I am convinced that I have MS or Parkinson's. This fear consumes my thoughts every waking minute and is putting a strain on my relationships. My nero tells me he doesn't believe it's either of these things but I've only seen him once and I feel like he doesn't really understand my constant worries. I just want to be able to sleep again with no fear or have just one day I'm not checking my hands for shaking. Has anyone else experienced this?

PanicJ
09-09-17, 22:37
If anyone has had anything similar to this, i would love to hear your story. It's becoming overwhelming even through I know the culprit is more than likely anxiety.

ServerError
09-09-17, 23:03
It isn't really a neurologist's job to your "understand your worries". A neurologist's job is to assess your symptoms and then give their expert opinion. If a neurologist doesn't think you have MS or Parkinson's then you don't have them. End of story. There's an absolute shedload of people here with similar fears and worries. What you all have in common is irrational fear not based on reality. Please don't be insulted by that - I've been there too.

Youve also had exhaustive testing. There is nowhere else for you to take this fear. There's nobody else "better" than a neurologist, and no more tests. You can push and push, but you will not be diagnosed with diseases you do not have.

The question is, what treatment are you having for the condition you do have? That's anxiety, by the way.