PDA

View Full Version : 1mg Diazepam 48 hours before alcohol?

Spandango
08-09-17, 07:54
Hello - I know people ask questions about diazepam and alcohol reguarly but here we go again!

I took 1mg prescribed valium last night for anxiety and muscle cramps - I am going to a Wedding tomorrow and was wondering if it would be safe to have a couple of alcoholic drinks. My GP seems to think drinking alcohol after 24 hours would be ok but the leaflet just says no alcohol..
If I am not feeling sedated by that point is it basicaly ok? - I know that there are compound CNS effects and a very long halflife at play so clearly drinking a lot is not a good idea. I might just not drink at all so I'm not worried that I'm going to stop breathing..

Autumn4
08-09-17, 12:02
1mg is the tiniest dose of diazepam . It won't be a problem having alcohol at the wedding.

Benjammin69
09-09-17, 17:35
I drink alcohol evenings after taking 10mg Diaz in the mornings not a problem but not recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shazamataz
10-09-17, 10:28
You will be just fine :) Enjoy the wedding!

Mike998e
11-09-18, 21:53
Will be fine, I had a personal experience of taking 20mg Diazepam at once and having 4 Glasses of Whiskey and I felt completely fine. Alcohol should never be mixed with benzodiazepines due to the high risk of Respiratory depression as they are both CNS depressants.

Mike998e
25-11-18, 02:58
That’s a very low dose of Diazepam, you will be fine!