PDA

View Full Version : Relaxation CD

Meg
22-11-04, 15:02
All comments welcome

Laurie28
22-11-04, 16:09
Struggled to get into this I must admit Meg. Found the introduction a bit long when I just wanted to 'get right into' the relaxation.

I will persevere but find relaxing in general this way pretty difficult

But as I say I will keep trying!!

Love
Lucky

Meg
22-11-04, 16:51
Lucky,

Just move to track 2 or beyond straight away . No need to listen to it all every day.

Pick what you need at the time so if you're anxious check your breathing speed out with one of those tracks - if you're just needing to unwind go straight to a visualization.

Its a menu of choices not a tutorial .

It does get easier.

Love
Meg

Jules31
23-11-04, 11:11
I've been skipping over the intro too after the first time. I must I have been finding it hard to fit all the CD in too as I'm so busy, but now I know it's ok just to do bits, then I'll give that a go.

I too am finding it virtually impossible to relax, so should probably be listening to it all day, lol

Love

Jules

Jules

Laurie28
23-11-04, 12:23
Alot of the relaxation reminded me of hypnosis (what my hypnotist done to me anyway!!!)

Now I'm thinking did I pay £45 a session for someone to flippin relax me!!!!

Visualisation I really struggle with, I know it is good for concentration but I remember my hypnotist trying to get to me to visualize and I can't

I think it might be a mental block i have ie too scared to visualize incase I start seeing things when I close my eyes that I don't want to see

Think it is linked back to the thoughts It was bad enough thinking things sometimes without being able to see them as well

sounds stupid I know..

Love
Lucky

Meg
23-11-04, 14:16
Hypnosis is relaxation with the added benefit of communicating directly with the subconcious to suggest change and 'reset' thought patterns and habits .

It took me about 6 months to get anywhere near a decent visualization . I like the garden one best as it's yours to imagine and elaborate on so you don't get any suprises and over the weeks its gets fabulously detailed and personal.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

sadie
23-11-04, 19:40
Meg,

I dont know whether this is a good or a bad thing but the last few times I have listened to the relaxation CD I fall off to sleep. Obvioulsy I am relaxing enough to fall alseep but Ruth does ask you not to go to sleep. What I my doing wrong?

I like the last exercise the best on the CD as I find it relaxes me the most. I am struggling with the visualisation one as my mind always becomes distracted somehow.

Overall, I do fine this CD helping me with my breathing and relaxing.

Thanks Meg

sadie

Meg
23-11-04, 22:37
You're doing great . Its fine to fall asleep . I like that one too.

The idea is that eventually you enter into a meditational state but it needs plenty of practice.

For what we need - sleep state is fine !!

Glad the breathing is helping . Have you tried it when in a bit of a state yet to help slow you down ?

Love

Meg

sarah
27-11-04, 00:12
Hi Meg

I must confess, Although I have had the CD's since Wednesday, I only listened to them today as I have a fear of things like this (dont ask me why - just another panic thing).
Anyway, Ive had a rough couple of days panicking and the like, full blown ones and really negative thoughts and so I put on the relaxation CD, closed the curtains, turned the lights off, lit 2 candles and laid on the sofa.
It definately relaxed me completely. I had to go out tonight to meet friends I havent seen for 6 months and was to tell the truth absolutely bricking it all day.
Enough going on and getting to the point, I went, had a good time and even had a laugh (something I dont do often anymore) so big thumbs up to you and Ruth. you did the trick for me!
Ruth has a very relaxing voice - perfect for the relaxation CD, she spoke slowly and calmly.

Maybe one small criticism....oops...sorry....During the breathing exercises, I was doing the breathing out, counting, pausing, etc and ruth did a bit of taking in the middle and by the time she started counting again it was totally out of synch with the in/out breath I was on so I got a bit flustered and wasnt sure wether to carry on as I was or take a quick in out and count with her again. I guess it doesnt really matter but it did to me and you did ask for opinions :)

love Sarah
xx

Meg
27-11-04, 17:02
Hi Sarah,

Glad it did the trick and most of all that you had a good night out .

Which breathing track was that one on please ?
I suggest getting back in synch with her and re establish the rhythm.

Thanks for letting me know .

Love

Meg

Sarah-Jane
09-01-05, 20:09
where do i get this cd and how much is it??

Love Sarah-jane xxxxx

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Meg
09-01-05, 20:12
Sarah - Jane

It comes as part of the course of 8 CD's of Overcoming Anxiety and cannot be sold individually.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Barb
07-10-05, 20:08
Hi Meg ,been doing the 6th track for 7 days noe I love it but sometimes fall asleep at the very end, the only problem is it takes a while to come round afterwards. Also do the breathing every day, try to incorporate it all at different times I,M looking forward to feeling calmer. Thank yuu Meg for sending the cds so promptly am still on track 1
Luv Barb xxx

Meg
10-10-05, 15:50
Yes, that 6th track is hard to stay awake to..Its normal to take a few minutes to come round to it - shows you have been deeply relaxed.

Glad its helping you Barb

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Barb
11-11-05, 13:34
Hi Meg,have been doing your cd set for 5 weeks now, still tape 7 to go. Have been feeling a lot better especially on waking ( as i used to be very anxious then ) i do the relaxation tape by Ruth twice every day now on waking and around 4.30pm and sometimes at bedtime as well, i just wondered if its too much as the last week i have felt so tired and am struggling a bit with my goals because of it, just wondered really what you think. Thanks Meg for all the work you put into making the tapes, when i have finished the last one i will start again and let you know how i get on

Luv Barb xxxx

Meg
11-11-05, 13:55
Skip the 4:30 one but keep the early one and bedtime one for now and see if that helps your alertness. An alternative is lessen how many tracks you do each time too- if 6 really is hitting the spot, drop it in the am so you don't get quite soo relaxed when you need to be getting up and doing ..

It may be that you are so anchored to the voice now that it almost has an instant effect.

Glad they've helped.

Meg xx

Clare
28-08-06, 18:53
It sounds great, but I am afraid I can't afford it, as I don't work and my hubby is only on a low wage, maybe later

Love
Clare

sgerald
25-09-06, 09:53
I have been using relaxation cd's for years. I also had problems affording them, but if you search around at garage sales, etc. you can find good deals.

there is also a site that gives away free relaxation cd's for download that I have used and they are quite good. www.audionoesis.com

Clare
It sounds great, but I am afraid I can't afford it, as I don't work and my hubby is only on a low wage, maybe later

Clare
25-09-06, 17:22
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I have been using relaxation cd's for years. I also had problems affording them, but if you search around at garage sales, etc. you can find good deals.

there is also a site that gives away free relaxation cd's for download that I have used and they are quite good. www.audionoesis.com

Clare

Thanks for the link :)

Love
Clare

<div align="right">Originally posted by sgerald - 25 September 2006 : 10:53:55</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">