PDA

View Full Version : Healing the Mind and the Body

skylight2007
06-06-07, 17:26
:hugs: :hugs: Hiya everyone, well yesterday I had my first ever shiatsu and I have to say it brought up some emotional stuff for me all good!!! my therapist is also a counsellor and during my assesment I was able to tell him about my healing recovery using other alternative therapies, such as yoga and meditation. See what you think!! as I would like to share this with you too.

Healing the Mind and the Body

What is your body trying to tell you?

As many of you are aware, our thinking has a huge psychological impact not only on our minds but also on our bodies creating many symptoms brought on mainly by stress. I know from my own personal experiences, there was always an underlying cause and my worries and symptoms were a direct link to my internal negative beliefs. Healing the mind and understanding how my thinking had created so many health issues, it was important to not only to look at what was going on in the present but also what my anxiety and symptoms were covering up. It is important to emphasize that some of my physical symptoms became worse by worry.

Yesterday I had my first ever shiatsu massage with my therapist who is also a counsellor. I wanted to share here with you what I shared with him, the mind and body affect during my healing over the years.

The language of my body

Lungs.

Negative: Severe breathing problems, holding my breath, hyperventilation, feelings of suffocation, and tightness in the chest, repressed emotions, anger, resentment, nervousness, tight control of feelings, loss of control, fear, panic, abuse and self-blame.

Positive. Forgiveness, self-love, self-acceptance, self-respect, tolerance, and letting go.

Heart

Negative: palpitations, pain, skip beats, pain under breastbone.
Closed emotions, lack of warmth, uncaring, cold towards others, avoidance, lack of trust, lack of interest, no motivation, lack of confidence ,feelings of unloved, lack of self worth, poor self image.

Positive: caring, understanding, emphatic, non-judgmental, openness, honesty, genuineness, compassion, patience and trusting.

Eyes:

Negative: visual disturbances, painful, itchy, swollen, redness, soreness, blurred vision. Lack of insight, distorted perceptions, afraid to let others see my vulnerabilities. Afraid to look at the dark side of self. Seeing faults in others.

Positive: self-awareness of how others see me. Not afraid to be seen as I am. Ability to face my internal fears. Ability to let others see both my strength and weakness.

Ears:

Negative: inner ear infection, eczema on lobes, itchy ears, painful ears. Not listening to self. Ignoring own feelings, avoiding confrontation, fear of rejection, over sensitive, fear of criticism, selective hearing, feelings of personal attack and stubbornness.

Positive: accepting all feelings, listening to my inner voice, believing in self, strong sense of personal value, respecting all points of view, assertiveness, open to new ideas.

Sore throat:

Negative. Swollen glands, difficulty in swallowing, tight throat, mouth ulcers, painful tongue. Judgmental attitude, critical, argumentative, shouting, negative talking and constant complaining.

Positive: non-judgmental attitude, awareness of voice tones, positive communications skills.

Spinal problems.

Negative: lower back pain, slip disc, sciatica, stiff hips. Stubbornness, controlling, ridged thinking, afraid to ask for help, carrying the weight of others, things have to be a certain way, fear of losing independence.

Positive: accepting help, trusting others, letting go of control, open to change, learning to say no.

This list could go on, and these are just a few examples of healing my mind and my body by the way I think…. Of all these symptoms my spine has been the greatest of my healing, as just over 3 years ago, I could hardly walk, but prior to me having my accident, I had sciatica and low back pain, and changing my beliefs and my thinking along with alternative therapies such as yoga and meditation my walking has improved immensely. Wishing you all well in your continued recovery! Love Sky :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:

pips
19-06-07, 00:18
Another great article sweetie and so true! It's so good to hear how Positive Thinking and acceptance has helped you so much honey.:yesyes: Well Done.

Take Care,

Loadsa Love,:flowers:

Pip's X X X X:hugs: