PDA

View Full Version : Inositol vs 5-HTP

Steve-o
08-09-17, 22:01
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has experience of both and which they found most effective with anxiety?

I have gone back on the 5 htp as I already had some in stock and have resumed taking it. To be fair it has really improved my mood and helped me relax a lot more especially today. Only been back on it for 48 hours. Could be placebo but definitely feel more relaxed.
Just wondering if inositol might be more effective or not or just the same.

Also starting a vit b complex tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve-o
12-09-17, 22:28
Anyone?!!

Lucysmum2011
13-09-17, 14:19
I've been taking this for about a month now and found it really good. Definitely takes the edge off my anxiety slightly.

Steve-o
14-09-17, 20:31
I've been taking this for about a month now and found it really good. Definitely takes the edge off my anxiety slightly.

Which one? Inositol or 5 HTP?

melfish
14-09-17, 22:10
I've increased my inositol to about 1000-2000mg/day. No effect yet on my anxiety, but I don't think 10 Xanax bars would touch it at this point. Anyone know the recommended inositol dose for severe anxiety?

MyNameIsTerry
15-09-17, 02:27
I've increased my inositol to about 1000-2000mg/day. No effect yet on my anxiety, but I don't think 10 Xanax bars would touch it at this point. Anyone know the recommended inositol dose for severe anxiety?

That's really way under the amount found to work in clinical tests if that's powder, melfish. If it's encapsulated then you will be getting more since 30% encapsulated equals 100% of a powder dose.

A good resource is examinesupplement.com. Here's the inositol:

https://examine.com/supplements/inositol/

At those doses it may bring some bowel troubles. If you use encapsulated inositol you can get the same dose at 70% less so less of an issue for bowel trouble.

melfish
16-09-17, 06:53
Ah, thanks, Terry. Very helpful :)

cherylpoppycozmo
23-12-17, 10:04
Can inositol be taken with citalopram? Just started taking it and having side effects and wondered if inositol would help