PDA

View Full Version : uncomfortable feelings in my chest

sarah21
07-06-07, 14:12
:) hi im sarah almost 21 :winks:

in 2006 i fell prgnant wid my son who has jus gone 1!

i have since suffered with chest pain it comes the top of my chest ans sometimes in my left breast!
i have been to the doctors and hospital as this is really getting me down ive had som many ecgs but the doctors all say its not my heart!

sometimes the pain can last week at a time other times it comes ang goes!

ive recently moved out from my parents house to a place with me and my partner n our little boy ?

does any1 else suffer with this is it really anxiety related im soo scred im goin to die and leave my little boy i cant talk to family they are fed up of me askin

please help sarah xx

neptuno
07-06-07, 14:24
Hello Sarah !
I'm sure it is muscle tension because it lasts for so long. I have this problem too. You have been through some major life changes - having a baby and moving house are huge stresses. Its no wonder you feel so anxious ! Symptoms of anxiety are not pleasant but NOT life threatening - OK ?
Try to find a bit of relaxation time for yourself - not easy with a little one - every day if possible. Do some breathing exercises, go for a walk, read a book, somehting you really enjoy.
Be kind to yourself

boy
07-06-07, 14:28
I get this too. Though quite clearly I'm male, I get this uncomfortable feeling and I think it's tension. It's come and gone for years.

Paddington
07-06-07, 14:32
You could always ask your dr to check for a small hernia in your gullet..maybe whilst pushing your baby out you pulled a muscle in your chest hun..tho i think it is anxiety to be honest,it's best to be sure..no harm in askin hey:flowers: I amswered you other threadto and hav other ideas on there :flowers: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sarah21
07-06-07, 14:39
thanks every1 nice to no others no wa im goin through every day i feel like its my las n i dnt wanna lose my little boy!

ive ad blood test ecgs n even a camera dwn my throat n thy stil cnt find anyfin!!

ive gt the pain today tooo its reali getin me dwn i really do hope its anxiety xx

russ
09-06-07, 16:04
Hi Sarah,

Has anyone mentioned "costochondritis" to you?

I have suffered with this quite badly for 12 months now. It is essentially inflammation in the cartilage in the chest which replicates the pain felt if you do have a heart issue.

Like me you sound far too young to have heart problems, thus this is a possible cause, I believe it is said to contribute up to a 1/3 of emergency admissions in reference to chest pains to A&E in people of our age range.

Does your chest hurt when it is pushed in that area? I've actually heard quite a lot of ladys sufferers with this condition, especially in and after they have had a child.

Sadly the true cause and even duration of this illness is unknown. I have made well over 5 emergency visits to A&E with very bad chest pain, had numerous doctors visits, pain killers and physiotherapy and only after 12 months is it slowly getting better. It has been a real nightmare.

It is worth a mention to you doctor. If it is costo, your doctor will know how to diagnose it, generally by pushing the right area and causing you to nearly hit the roof in pain, lol.

Hope it works out for you, take comfort in the fact the ECG is clear, that is good news indeed.

sarah21
10-06-07, 15:49
im gnna defo go to the doctors n ask about tht

wen i cn gt in ht is lol always fully booked !

:winks: but im tryin to myself it cant be serious because ive ad the pain for 1yr n half now so it gtta be anxiety or stress related ryt ?

jus need reasurance so much x

june
10-06-07, 16:15
Hi, I have been trying to get rid of "that" pain all day.
I am told it is / and have read about hyerventilation = (breathing to fast or shallow into the top of your chest).
It is all to do with panic / anxiety.
I am always fearful of chest pain because........... and what do i always get? chest pain!!
I try not to be worried - i try to do the relaxation tapes. but i get so
"up tight" i can not DO anything.
Everyone tells me not to worry Ha!!
Good book by Dinah Bradley about this condition - I have read it from cover to cover and sometimes it eases the stress.
best wishes to you
love june

sarah21
29-07-07, 16:59
hey stil avin this pain in chest n a pain in left arm so worried tht its something other than stress does any1 else get this?

northern_sky
29-07-07, 19:35
I've had it for 3 months Sarah it's anxiety. I've had ECGs as well took me about 2 months plus to accept it as anxiety. :blush: I get the pains in the left arm too.

shaz01
29-07-07, 23:33
Hi Sarah,

My 21 year old daughter(who also has a baby) has been getting chest pains for the last month, she has been told by the doctor its an inflammation and got anti-inflammatory tablets.

I hope your feeling better soon.

Shaz x

mandie
30-07-07, 12:56
Hi Sarah

Iv suffered from this on and off for a few years. I often get the pain in the arm to. My doctor has told me many times it tension because im so anxious.

I get so scared cause i think im gonna have heart attack and it just makes pain worse.

take care

love mandiex

june
31-07-07, 14:14
Sarah - sorry to state the obvious.
Did you know your stomach is behind your left breast and lower ribcage?
Hopefully it could be wind / acid indigestion.
It took me a long time to belive that indigestion was in that area - on tv they show heartburn etc in the middle of the chest - Not always so.
Some chest pain is a muscle contraction like a "stitch" usually thought of when we run. Actually 'just'?????? a palpitation.
Hope this helps
June

nikki39
31-07-07, 15:59
Hi sarah i have this too and i wake up every morning like i have slept with a weight across my chest and upper back and certain areas are tender to touch then as soon as i get up i get pains across my chest and in my left breast, this seems to get worse two weeks before my period. I too have had 3 ecgs and blood tests and keep being told its anxiety. I am still waiting for mine to go cos im sure it is a muscular thing, some days are worse than other so i do sympathise. I have four children and worry about my heart since my dad had a quadruple bypass in his forties and i am reaching that age now. Hope u feel better soon.

Runningman66
01-08-07, 21:09
Hello Sarah.I'm new on here but i know what your going through as i've suffered from anxiety/panic attacks for 25years without the need for drugs.I've had the same sympton what your experiencing in your chest for the past week or so but i put mine down to losing 2 freinds quite suddenly whereby it's triggered my anxiety off.I don't know if your an active sort of person but just try some form of exercise be it walking,jogging,cycling when the time permits you as you have a child to look after.It will do wonders for your mental + physical state hence my need for no medication even though i still suffer form it.Stay positive + good luck.