PDA

View Full Version : just as a matter of interest

ellenclarke81
22-11-04, 17:40
Just as a matter of interest, i was diagnosed with OCD at the age of 11. It was very bad, bad enough to get me admitted to a psychiatric hsopital against my will. But it appeared out of nowhere and was all over within a matter of months. I then had eleven years of perfect mental health (well as perfect as normal) with no OCD at all. But it hasnt come back - now at the age of 22 i'm in the midst of an equally out of nowhere blight of anxiety, which i understand is vaguely related. No OCD symptoms at all though.
So while i hope i am good news in terms of being someone who had OCD real bad and managed to effect a total cure (there is hope guys!) i am now really struggling with my anxiety, and worse still, i'm dreading turning 33 (what next!) Weird, huh?

Meg
22-11-04, 17:50
They are both neuroses disorders not pychoses -so good news.

OCD is often the way kids try to gain some control and logic over their anxieties - so its a manifestation rather than a cause.

We have several Mums with OCD kids so you may get more of an insight soon.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

seh1980
22-11-04, 17:57
hello there,

I'm glad to hear that there's hope for the rest of us!!

Sarah :D

paul
23-11-04, 18:28
hello . i have ocd and am glad that youe handle your ocd in such a short space of time,sorry to hear about the anxiety thought ,nasty isnt it.

i suppose looking back i has ocd tendencies when i was younger,though i didnt see it as a problem,but for about 9 years now the ocd has been bad when my anxiety probs started.

oddly enough my anxiety started when i was 22(im now 31 so im not far off that 33 mark,agh.

out of interest im wondering how you tackled it then?any advice would help,and the advice on this forum about anxiety is very good so i hope you find it

paul