PDA

View Full Version : Somebody, please help me ASAP

Rainier
09-09-17, 05:38
I live in southwest Florida. I'm sure the whole world is aware in less than 48 hours we are getting hit by hurricane Irma, the deadliest and most catastrophic hurricane to ever touch down on United States land.
I have always had generalized anxiety, especially over things I have absolutely no control of...like the weather. Although we took precautions to board up the windows etc., I am panicking. I am panicking over the likelihood of devastation. I'm panicking over the lives of my loved ones. My anxiety is escalating because I will not be able to see outside because the windows are boarded up. And although I don't want to open the door during this monstrous hurricane, just knowing I "can't" sends my anxiety off the charts. I am feeling very claustrophobic and the storm isn't here yet. I am afraid I will actually die of a heart attack that will be brought on by a panic attack. We can not evacuate for too many reasons. My husband is supportive to a certain degree, but when one has never experienced panic attacks, they think it's as simple as saying, "calm down, what are you afraid of?" Please, someone help me.

hanshan
09-09-17, 05:54
Hi Rainier - This is a very real emergency, so unfortunately you will keep getting warnings from the media that will continue to provoke your anxiety. You need to expect that, and try to limit your information. Things will change, but not every five minutes or so. If you have taken all precautions but cannot evacuate, then make yourself as safe as possible. What are the risks where you are, eg sea surges or being in a smaller building? Without evacuating, you may be able to relocate for a short time to a safer location. Good luck - I always tell myself that the things I fear the worst never happen.

braindead
09-09-17, 10:18
Valium or lorazepam short term will calm you down through the storm , there will be thousands like you and a lot will be mediated through the storm, even take a stiff drink if you cannot get meds but not to much. :hugs: