PDA

View Full Version : New Tip For Dizzyness

mirry
07-06-07, 20:44
Today i phoned the phobic society, and they told me a new idea on controlling your breathing AS TRAINED BY MENCAP,

as soon as you feel the panic coming on,

breath in slowly then breath out FAST,

this stops the dizzyness because it gets rid of the excess oxygen that has been taken in due to hyperventalating or shallow breathing.

I havent tried it yet , let me know if it works please :flowers:

clickaway
08-06-07, 00:11
Mirry, I have been advised to do this when my muscles weaken after a few minutes carrying heavy shopping for example. It's the lack of oxygen as you say.

eeyorelover
08-06-07, 03:25
hmmmm - well that would make sense wouldn't it?! Great info I will try it next time :)
Thnx for that Mirry - you always provide such great new info - YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!
xxx
Sandy

mirry
08-06-07, 08:33
Clickaway, do you know what happens to the muscles and the oxygen ?
Cheers sandy xxx
Remember to blow out hard !

:D :hugs: :yesyes:

mirry
08-06-07, 08:35
just realised , it sorta like a big "SIGH" isnt it ?

Which makes sence cos sighing relaxes the nervous system.

josephine
08-06-07, 10:22
I will try that Mirry, thanks. I took a travel sickness tablet this morning, as i heard this stops dizziness but it didnt work at all. I just feel sleepy.

Love Josephinex

mirry
09-06-07, 11:19
has anyone tried it yet ?

I did yesturday and it def helped, I was in the material shop and as I was paying for my material I felt the panic start ,so I took a slow breath in and blew out like I was blowing out a candle, well the panic feeling stopped !
But i still felt anxious.

josephine
10-06-07, 10:40
I have tried it but not sure if it did any good. For some strange reason breathing excersises seem to make me dizzier. I get too aware of breathing, therefore too aware of my heartrate.

But I will keep on practising.

Love Josephine