PDA

View Full Version : How Many mg

haze
07-06-07, 21:19
I was wondering how many mg of cipramil people took, i am on 20mg per day when i first went on them i got better and was able to go out but now i am housebound again and i'm not sure if my body has become used to the tablets (if thats poss)

Ellen70
07-06-07, 22:29
Hello Haze, anti depressants can stop being effective if you are on them for a long time. I don't know what the highest dosage is for Cipramil but tell your doctor they have stopped working.

I was on anti depressant called Prothiaden for 4 years and I was taking 150mg per day. Then I began to be very depressed again so my doctor increased it to 225mg a few weeks ago. Over the last few days my mood has improved a lot.

Take care

Eibhlin

imogen
08-06-07, 10:28
Hi Haze,I am on citalopram now.For the first month I took 10mg then my doc prescribed 20mg but I started to feel worse again so now im back to 10mg.G o back to your doc and tell him or her.Citalopram helps with the depression but not the anxiety.I know what a nightmare it is.All the best.love Imogen.:)

samc100
08-06-07, 14:57
I started on 10mg. Went to 20mg for 4 months and now on 10mg again cos' I think I'd like to do without them.

Have a chat to your Dr. 20mg is a low-dose (according to my Dr) so you might need it higher for a little while.

nieve
11-06-07, 09:46
I spoke to my dr about this, and apparently 40mg is the usual dosage for anixety. Cipramil definitely does work for anixety, as I was on 60mg a few years ago and it helped a lot. I think you should speak to your doctor and maybe up the dose a bit. I went back on Cipramil recently and was also on 20mg for a few months, but it's not totally working, so I've started from 30mg today and will go up to 40mg and see how it goes from there. Hang in there!!