PDA

View Full Version : Posative 5 - nxt cbt meeting

michellemumof4
08-06-07, 06:50
Hi there is another meeting due to take place on Monday at 8pm - I have to be honest here, other than a few people that I have spoken to, I am not sure how many people are doing the diary or doing the excersises ect.

It would help if the people who are doing it would leave a post saying how they are doing and any problems they have come across, so that the the others in the group can offer support or advice.

Due to the chat room now being closed I am not sure how this will effect the running of the group but we will try to continue as best we can.

Ok i would appreciate it if peeps would pls leave a post listing 5 posative things they like about themselves or how having anxiety has changed their lives in a posative way

Remember there is to be no NEGATIVE here, So i will list my five first ..

1) Anxiety has made me a stronger, wiser person

2) I am freindly, confident and Fun

3) Having anxiety has opened up my social life - I now have a lot of freinds all over the world.

4) I am a good mother , wife and a great person to know

5) Having anxiety has taken me through a world of self discovery and for that I thank it ...

seems daft i know but if we can acutally focus on Posative for a wee while life does seem a whole lot better... Hope peeps give it a try xxxxx

bottleblond
08-06-07, 14:47
:yesyes: Well said Michelle!

ok here goes for my 5 positive things about myself and my axiety....

1. because of my anxiety i have met alot of new friends on here that i value very much and connect with so well. :D

2. i'm a very loving, friendly person.

3. i'm a single parent who is doing a very good job of raising my child.

4. i love to chat and help others when ever possible.:hugs:

5. i have set goel which i KNOW i will acheive.

Good luck everyone with the cbt! Michelle is doing a fantastic job!

xxxx

Caribou
10-06-07, 10:55
Hi Michelle

I'm afraid I havnt done all you have asked yet as I've had a really bad week, with a crisis in my personal life and feeling a bit low also. Not surprisingly, my sleep has sufferered and my appetite has almost disappeared, so it hasnt been possible to work on those areas :mad:

Having said that I'd like to continue with the CBT if thats still ok. I havn't yet written a letter to my anxiety, but I've been thinking about what to say and I'm planning to give it a right good slating let me tell you! :curse:

Anyway heres a few things I like about myself:

1. I have sought education and development throughout my adult life and continue to grow as a person.

2. I have a rewarding and fulfilling job.

3. I am kind, caring and considerate and try to help others.

4. I am strong enough to fight anxiety and depression and i will recover.

5. I can empathize with others who have anxiety problems and offer support to them.

Caribou
xxx

michellemumof4
10-06-07, 22:21
Well done Cari and bottle , and cari of course we can still do the cbt , we all have off days or even a off week , whats important is that you can deal with it and keep going

speak soon and well done

xxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
12-06-07, 00:03
sorry i missed it forgot about the time dif......at this time i cant think of one positive thing about myself,but thats ok just not well today or the last couple i should say when i can think of them i will post...............linda