PDA

View Full Version : Intro

jakob
08-06-07, 14:14
After lurking for a couple of weeks, and finding much useful info & experiences, I thought I should register and introduce myself...

My name is Jakob and I'm a mid-thirties bloke (for one more year!) who lives in the SW of England. I've suffered from anxiety in a serious, life-defining, kind of way since 2003 but probably less seriously for my whole adult life. In the past year I have become to realise that this is also making me depressed as my life has 'shrunk' around me.

I'm happiest when walking across Exmoor or sat in the garden reading a good book (neither of which is very rock'n'roll but at least I am honest!).

Thanks in advance for the support, I hope that in time I can contribute positively to this forum myself.

Jakob.

Lindalou64
08-06-07, 14:54
welcome jocob,
you are amongts others who can relate,im sure you will find lots of info here ,i wish ya the best...............Linda x

yorkylover
08-06-07, 15:37
:welcome:Hello Jakob,you will get lots of support here.:hugs:

groovygranny
08-06-07, 15:41
Hello there Jakob :welcome:to you!

Do I detect another Devonian in our midst?? We're a bit thin on the ground here lol !!

I lurked around with intent for a whole 6mnths before I joined - and I'm so glad I did! Hope you will be too!

Pleased to meet you!

:)

Nibbles
08-06-07, 16:01
Hi and :welcome: Jakob,

I like walking too, especially when I take my camera out with me. I'm glad you've joined because, as you'll already have noticed, there is a wealth of advice and support here. The bonus of being a member is you also meet lots of new friends too.

Take care,

honeybee3939
08-06-07, 17:19
Hi Jakob

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

trac67
08-06-07, 17:28
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Jaco45er
08-06-07, 17:39
Welcome chap :)

funky chick
08-06-07, 18:23
hi Jakob and welcome hope you feel better soon and im sure you will find this site friendly and very helpful take care love Gail xxx:)

Gordon
08-06-07, 18:44
Hi Jakob, welcome to the site!

I live in the wilds too, but at the other end of England in Northumberland!

Lots of great walks around here too.

Take Care

Gordon

nomorepanic
08-06-07, 19:55
Hi Jakob
A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

sarah1984
09-06-07, 20:18
Hi Jakob and welcome to NMP from a fellow reader and lover of the outdoors! Hope your time here proves beneficial to you.

Southern_Belle
10-06-07, 15:47
Hi Jakob,

Welcome to NMP. I also love to read, calms me right down. You will find many on here who feel the same way you do, plus you will get loads of support.

Laura

manmoor
10-06-07, 19:25
Hi Jakob,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

jakob
10-06-07, 22:20
Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my intro, you've made me feel very welcome. - Jakob.

Pink Princess
11-06-07, 15:00
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

domino
11-06-07, 15:06
Hijakob, welcome to you. The site holds lots of information,advice, and not to mention loads of friendly folk on here ,good to have you on board:yesyes::welcome: