PDA

View Full Version : hello from dallas,texas USA

decker6869
09-06-07, 07:41
i am a 27 year old male. since march 24th ive been suffering sever panic disorder that is crippling my life. I am afraid to stand up, to walk, to walk to the restroom. I have been taking valerian root and rescue remedy along with magnesium supplements and i began some self help CBT and i am practicing my breathing which i learned from this site. Being poor in the USA is not good for your medical conditions...i have to wait months to see a clinic person and when i go to an ER they dont do all that they can do. I was actually told once years back its just anxiety, go home and sleep it off.... no referral to a doctor no prescription even if just for a week. nada. zip. zero. i was working back then so i could have used the help, instead i just ignored it and powered out of it and after about 3 months it was gone. I guess me ignoring it taught my brain that it wasnt a thing to worry over and i got better. This time around though, total different story. I should have called the emergency services ala 911 when i first had my event,but i was an idiot and didnt so now i live in a world of limbo and what if until i can get to a doctor.... my event was a very heavy sensation across the top of my chest,i mean heavy. i had no pain, nothing in my neck,jaw or arms or back. i proceeded to freak out which i do believe caused my breathing problem at that moment. after the heavy feeling subsided, still having no pain but i was experiencing great fear i had a tachycardia event. which i believe was brought on by the intense fear and panic. over the course of a week and a half i had more stress dropped on me and eventually i succumbed to just laying on the couch. i stopped eating,would go to the restroom for number2 once a week and got a bucket next to me for number1...its very embarrasing and pathetic..like i said, i stopped eating and everthing,hnostly think for the whole month of april and 3 weeks of may i literraly just layed around being terriffied of getting up and doing anything. As it stands now my mother and cousin live with me to help me, i sit up everyday which helps my circulation, cuz i know my body was adjusting to just laying around. Now i sit up at least 6-8 hours a day and try to walk to the restroom at least once a day... i call it baby steps, but i honostly dont know what else to do. i started a journal and self help CBT. i am awaiting doctor visits.. i am terrified of medication. sorry if this is a long intro.. i just wanted to get it all out, i think that helps me to feel better.. thanks for reading and thanks for this site, i have learned some helpful things from it!

Jaco45er
09-06-07, 09:21
Hi Mate

Welcome to the forum.

I have had discussions in the past as to why the No.1 superpower fails to look after its own people but I won't get all political ;).

There is a couple of books I have used in the past (I too went down the self-help route after a rough ride with meds), these were:

Hope and help for your nerves by Claire Weekes

Feeling good, the new mood therapy by Davd Burns

The former was very good at overcoming (nearly) the fear of the symptoms. The Feeling good book was more kinda for self-esteem etc.

TC

Jaco

honeybee3939
09-06-07, 14:45
Hi Decker

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Lindalou64
09-06-07, 17:10
WELCOME DECKER,
SORRY YOUR GOING THRU A TOUGH TIME RIGHT NOW ONE DAY THIS WILL SUBSIDE YOU WILL GET BETTER,YOU WILL FIND LOTS OS SUPPORT AND INFO HERE,I WISH YA THE BEST,TAKE CARE OF YASELF AND LET US KNOW HOW YOUR COMING ALONG............LINDA XX

nomorepanic
09-06-07, 17:38
Hi Decker

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

groovygranny
09-06-07, 23:18
Hello Decker, :welcome:to you!

Glad to see you've got help already from the site..........there's more where that came from!

Pleased to meet you!

:)

trac67
10-06-07, 01:05
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Southern_Belle
10-06-07, 15:56
Hi Decker,

Welcome to NMP. I'm sorry things are so rough for you at the moment. You will get help from this forum. I'm glad you are writing in your journal as I think that helps. I'm so glad you found the forum.

Laura

PUGLETMUM
10-06-07, 17:06
hi decker,

hope you are maybe feeling a bit better now that you have found you are not alone?

some people are further along in recovery and some are struggling to cope with what they are going thru, but there is lots of help and support here, try and USE it!

oh i also advocate the self-help route but sometimes we could do with a bit more help. are you able to pay for any treatment? (cbt therapy, is very good, but it helps if you already have some insight into what the problemo is)

if not, books are a good source of help like jaco said, one that helped me and still does is 'no panic' by R REID WILSON i think its available on amazon, or maybe from the ANXIETY DISORDERS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA site.

hope this helps

best wishes
emma

manmoor
10-06-07, 19:24
Hi Decker,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Pink Princess
11-06-07, 15:04
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

ThreeBee23
26-06-07, 04:26
Are you able to quaalify for Medicaid? If not, it sounds as if you could qualify for disability.

I'm not sure sure why it would take so long to get in to see a Dr. That is unusual.

Try calling your local Mental Health or Behavioral health center and ask for lots of information about how you can qualify for medical assistance or what your options are. Or call the Medicaid office to see if you can qualify for that.