PDA

View Full Version : Rabies from human scratch please Help!!!

Hezeo
09-09-17, 09:19
Hello Sir Please help!!! I live in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. Yesterday I went to my martial arts class which I go usually. However yesterday new students joined the martial arts class. One of those new students was assigned as my sparring partner. We were being taught the self defense techniques and implementing it. My sparring partner, new student, didn't cut his nails properly. So while doing the exercises he scratched my finger to the point it was visibly bleeding . I came back home after almost an hour then was able to wash my finger with liquid soap and (it was still bleeding a little) then I applied an aftershave lotion(since I didn't have antiseptic gel) . After which it slowly became better. I started having anxiety and fear because before the class he(my sparring partner) talked about his friends dog and plays with dog. Now more than month ago there was a rabies outbreak in Sarawak. Now News is government has controlled the outbreak two weeks ago (4 Sept news: it's all-clear-in-sarawak-samples-test-negative-but-authorities-will-keep-eye-out-for-rabies)
But I still have anxiety and fear that what if his friends dog has rabies.,he played with it that day, got saliva and bacteria in his nails . Then I got scratched and bleed and did it nfected me??? . I am sorry for the long post doctor. Please help me

paranoid-viking
09-09-17, 09:59
There has never been any report on rabies transmitting from human to human at any point in history. I learned that when I had my rabies scare and read up everything about it. Besides, rabies is only infectiuos when the disease progress, not during the incubation period. Who was affected during the rabies outbreak BTW? Dogs? Bats? Monkeys?

Even if your friends dog had contacted rabies; which I believe it did not; if it apears helathy it still in the incubation period and therefore not infectious. And as I said; it has never been reported in history of mankind that it transmits from human to human.

Hezeo
09-09-17, 17:19
The outbreak was in dogs. I was worried what if his nails had his pet dog saliva or virus when it scratched me . Anyways thanks for the reply man.

melfish
09-09-17, 18:48
Hey there. Can't offer much help with your rabies, but I wanted to say I've been to Sarawak and it's beautiful :D