PDA

View Full Version : Worried it's not just a virus! How long can a virus last????

jaynehal
09-09-17, 15:18
Hi guys

I came out in a rash all over my arms and legs on the 22nd July just thought oh ive got slapped cheek off my son so wasn't so worried!

Week later my feet swelled up and went shocking red and really burnt had to put them in cold water!

Week after burning hands really uncomfy.

It's now 7 weeks and I'm really tired and my hand and feet still not right!

Have you had anything what takes this long!

Had every blood test going and everything shows up ok other that elevated alt alt 91 had an ultra sound on liver to check this out and that was clear too!

Really fed up

Thanks
Jayne x

atl
14-09-17, 05:53
I got a virus at the end of June. I was still having symptoms at the end of August. Sometimes it can last for a LONG time.

jaynehal
14-09-17, 15:00
Hi again

Ive got really bad burning sensations in hands and over top lip it's driving me mental!

I also still keep getting red extremities which flare up and then return to normal after a few minutes but the burning is there most of the time especially over my mouth!

Feeling worried ive not felt right since my virus at the end of July

Thanks

Jayne x

Beckybecks
14-09-17, 16:50
Have you asked a doctor whether it's a symptom of the virus you had?
Have you tried putting an ice pack on the areas that burn?

I know for myself that having Health Anxiety causes me to focus on any symptom until it's magnified and almost unbearable in my mind. Do you think this could be your problem?
Try to occupy your mind with something else and see if the burning sensation is still there.

jaynehal
14-09-17, 17:20
Thanks they don't know they say could be from the virus or something elae altogether, which also makes me worry because ive no answers

This ll only started at the virus time so suppose should make sense but this was 7 weeks ago and ive googled virus and red, burning feet and hands and can't seem to find much!

I must admit I do not notice it as much at work but the redness still appears

Thanks for the reply

Jayne x

KK77
14-09-17, 20:06
Sounds like issue with circulation which is commonly affected by anxiety and adrenaline release. Low glucose levels can also have same effect.

I don't think it's anything to worry about.

jaynehal
14-09-17, 20:11
Thanks for the kind words I do have high anxiety at the minute and have been anxious constant every day from April x

jaynehal
18-09-17, 02:58
Hi ive been getting burning sensations in my hands sometimes my feet, it's keeping me awake so uncomfortable

Anyone else had this?

Thanks
Jayne x

au Lait
18-09-17, 06:43
Yes, that weird burning sensation has happened to me too. It's another way that anxiety can manifest physically.

jaynehal
03-10-17, 09:23
Hi every morning when I step out of bed I have pins and needles in my feet for seconds it only last for about 3 steps then it's gone!

Anyone else get this or know why it's happening?

Been about a month now every morning!

Thanks

Jayne

Azzbo
03-10-17, 09:25
I get this aswell, it probably has something to do with bloodflow. Nothing to worry about

jaynehal
03-10-17, 17:16
Hi everyone

Ive been having a bad year with my health anxiety with one thing or another but recently ive been having muscle aches and twitches everywhere a few times a day for well over a month, feeling worried

Anyone any advice?

Xx

Becazican
03-10-17, 17:27
If you been having a bad year with ha i’m Sure the twitches and spasm are from anxiety.

emanticoff73
03-10-17, 22:55
Same here. Just had myself a good cry. Actually. I can feel the twitches dancing around my body from one muscle to another. Leg, butt, arm, lip, eye back to my butt and so on. Mine are so strong they move me a bit. Not enough for others to notice but I do. It is torture. My mind start to tho l horrible things and I get in to a panic. Going to a rheumatologist soon. Seen a neurologist. The physicians assistant gave me the exam, then the neurologist came in and said I was fine. Hope she's right.

jaynehal
04-10-17, 20:10
It's horrible my leg and arms have been busy twitching today so annoying hate when it happens I get a real anxious feeling x

Jett81013
05-10-17, 15:34
Sorry to hear about your year...i am going through the same thing...started at the end of June with Cancer/DVT scares and then Type 1 diabetes scares for my daughter...figured i'd be over this by now but seems to get worse...I'm twitching everywhere. Mostly my legs and of course we all know where Dr. Google leads us to with that.

I just took an Ativan last night to calm me down. I am not a supporter of Anti-Anxiety pills but i think one her and there just to bring us down to earth is fine...we have to live our lives somehow

Dave_Lister
05-10-17, 16:13
Hi everyone

Ive been having a bad year with my health anxiety with one thing or another but recently ive been having muscle aches and twitches everywhere a few times a day for well over a month, feeling worried

Anyone any advice?

Xx

Anxiety will cause you to feel many sensations, and muscle pain is one of them. Anxiety causes twitching too. i get it, but unless you have had clinical weakness, not perceived weakness, then you are fine.

To be clear, clinical weakness is waking up one day and not being able to lift a curling iron or tea kettle, not feeling like you may be a little weaker than before, and clinical weakness always comes before twitching in serious illnesses, not after the twitching starts.

You do not need to worry about twitching because most of HA people around here get them.

jaynehal
05-10-17, 20:33
Hi guys

Thanks for the replys, still twitching but trying my best to ignor them 😪 they are everywhere.

Today's worry is calf pa n on both legs and trying to come up with why my calves are sore and why am I twitching, all I do is worry, really fed up 😪

Keep seeing the als coming up but to scared to read it 😪

Thanks again xx

jaynehal
07-10-17, 17:29
Hi all

Ive been having twiches everywhere for a good 3/4 weeks now they are in my legs, arms, stomach, chin, it's horrible im getting quite worried!

Feeling fed up, anyone else got any helpful advice?

Keep thinking MS 😪 this mirning I was even measuring my calf muscles to check they where the same size, health anxiety is here full blown

Thanks

Jayne

Elen
07-10-17, 18:02
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

JamesG_UK
07-10-17, 19:40
I'm seriously struggling with this myself - it's making me so anxious. I can't stop thinking about them :-( Feel so down right now. Twitching everywhere.

Fishmanpa
07-10-17, 19:48
Feeling fed up, anyone else got any helpful advice?

Real life professional mental health help would be my advice.

Positive thoughts

jaynehal
07-10-17, 19:56
I started CBT last week so fingers crossed it helps soon x

Fishmanpa
07-10-17, 20:22
I started CBT last week so fingers crossed it helps soon x

:yesyes: Good for you! make sure you discuss your participation on the forum with your therapist. It's vital to your progress and recovery!

Positive thoughts

jaynehal
07-10-17, 20:39
Thank you I will mention it, I did mention that I googled all the time and ive been set the task to not Google x

Livvy_rice
07-10-17, 22:59
Hi Everyone, I have suffered with 24/7 muscle twitches for nearly 4 years now. They started the same month my health anxiety started when I was 16. Although annoying, I am used to them now. Mine are all over but the only muscles that twitch 24/7 are my calf muscles. They twitch constantly all day every day. It is one of my most annoying symptoms but its one of the only symptoms I have that doesnt scare me at all anymore. I get twitching everywhere even my temple muscles, my tongue and neck x

JamesG_UK
08-10-17, 08:52
Hi Everyone, I have suffered with 24/7 muscle twitches for nearly 4 years now. They started the same month my health anxiety started when I was 16. Although annoying, I am used to them now. Mine are all over but the only muscles that twitch 24/7 are my calf muscles. They twitch constantly all day every day. It is one of my most annoying symptoms but its one of the only symptoms I have that doesnt scare me at all anymore. I get twitching everywhere even my temple muscles, my tongue and neck x

Hi Livvy, thanks for sharing! Four years? That's a long time! Mine started only 4 weeks ago, when my health anxiety kicked in again. Have you found anything that reduces them at all, even if just by a little? Or is it just a case of ignoring them completely? Do they ever go away, maybe when you're feeling less anxious? It's so reassuring to hear from others that have been through this - it's been something of a nightmare for me. J

Becazican
08-10-17, 15:05
going on 6 months twitching, join the club unless you have any other symptom its most likely anxiety.

jaynehal
12-10-17, 13:26
Hi

Ive had anxiety really bad from April this year and I am always worrying about my health!

For the last two months ive been having really bad burning in my hands arms, feet and forehead �� sometimes it's that bad i feel like crying!

Also been having random muscle twitches for the last month they seem to twich everywhere at the minute it's the side of my stomach!

My whol body feels weak and heavy!

Anyone else out there like this? Feeling worried!

Thanks

Jayne x

Frog
12-10-17, 21:34
Came on tonight to see if there were any discussions about symptoms like the ones mentioned. For the past few days I am 'tingling' from my shoulders to my finger tips and in my feet too. I know I am anxious. I know I am going through a phase of anxiety but I can;t help but think of the worst. :(

jaynehal
16-10-17, 23:50
Hi

Really worried ive got small fiber neuropathy I'm burning in my skin in hands face and arms 😪 it's very painful

It's upsetting me a lot aling with this ive muscle twitches!

This can't be normal

Jayne

DaveP12
16-10-17, 23:52
"Small fiber neuropathy"

Google? :)

KK77
16-10-17, 23:58
Hi

Really worried ive got small fiber neuropathy I'm burning in my skin in hands face and arms 😪 it's very painful

It's upsetting me a lot aling with this ive muscle twitches!

This can't be normal

Jayne

How long you had burning feeling?

jaynehal
17-10-17, 00:07
About 2 months now it's horrible!

KK77
17-10-17, 00:23
Have you seen GP and asked for referral to neurologist? I think it would be a good idea - 2 months is a long time.

However, most cases of neuropathy are idiopathic and not a sinister illness, although I know it's awful, and you should be prescribed a med to ease the burning pain - eg, gabapentin.

Thelegend27
17-10-17, 05:13
you got that name from Google i bet. Unless a doctor mentions this to you i wouldnt even be googling this because its highly unlikely that it applies to your situation at all.

swajj
17-10-17, 09:45
I thought exactly the same thing as the poster above. And I reckon you had never even heard of small fiber neuropathy until you Googled your symptoms.

KK77
17-10-17, 09:52
I thought exactly the same thing as the poster above. And I reckon you had never even heard of small fiber neuropathy until you Googled your symptoms.

Of course, Cmrd Swajj! Google>Post is the MO in the HA Forum, doncha know ;)

See your doc if symptoms have been going on for this long, Jayne.

swajj
17-10-17, 10:03
Yes I do know KK. If nothing else it can be educational. Since coming here I have become aware of hundreds of medical conditions that I had never heard of before. lol

jaynehal
25-10-17, 12:49
Worried hands/ fingers falling asleep in the night😪

Anyone else had this x

Fishmanpa
25-10-17, 13:08
You sleep funny, they fall asleep. What is unusual about that?

Positive thoughts

Cakelady
25-10-17, 13:09
Hi,
I was getting this about a year ago & was freaking me out. But for me I think it was the way I was lying, I added another pillow under my head & it stopped. Don't know if I was trapping something but it was a relief to have it go! xx

nomorepanic
25-10-17, 13:12
Yes every night, it is related to my posture.

jaynehal
25-10-17, 14:14
It's been happening a few times a week I was really panicked this morning thinking Ms😪 been to my docs she doesn't think it is!

I'll try the added pillow tonight it's really freaking me out!

X

nomorepanic
25-10-17, 14:15
If it was MS it would happen in the day as well and mine doesn't - only at night

jaynehal
25-10-17, 14:37
Yes my doctor said it wouldn't come and go like that, thanks x

nomorepanic
25-10-17, 15:01
Maybe change your mattress if it is really old or get new pillows and see how it goes

JoeCanuck
25-10-17, 18:14
Depending on which fingers it is, it's probably just from pressure on your ulnar or median nerve. Lots of points where they can get pinched when you're sleeping. Some people are more prone to the pinching due to differences in their physiology as well.

It's nothing to worry about.

My 4th and 5th fingers go tingly and numb at night and when I lean on my arms. The only thing my doctor told me was to avoid bending my arms up underneath me, and to not lean on my arms so much.

jaynehal
25-10-17, 18:33
Thanks I do sleep with my arms under me and probably bent but I thonknive slept like this for ages don't know why it's just started, hope it goes soon x

au Lait
26-10-17, 00:08
This happens a lot to me too. It's just the way you're sleeping, or maybe your bedding as others have suggested. I used to have a problem with my toes going numb, which of course scared me. I switched to shoes with better support and the issue went away. I had no clue that my shoes weren't adequate. Different than what you're talking about, but my point is that sometimes a simple change can make all the difference. Of course being that we have HA our minds will try to go to the worst case scenario first, and we end up completely glossing over the simplest possibility. I really do think it's nothing to worry about. :)

swajj
26-10-17, 08:39
This used to happen to me all the time when I had HA. I would wake up and my whole hand would be numb. It happened in both hands. It also happened in my feet but not as often. I worried that it had to be some neurological disorder. It lasted for a couple of years. I never found a reason for it. But once I recovered from my HA it just stopped happening and hasn’t happened since. The only explanation I can come up with is muscle tension. My psych told me that anxiety is still present even when we sleep.

jaynehal
26-10-17, 14:03
Thanks so much for the replies hope it goes soon x

WiredIncorrectly
26-10-17, 14:09
Yeah lol I have this most nights due to how I sleep. If I sleep with my head on my arms I will wake up with numb arms. It's funny because I frantically flap them around for it to return to normal.

jaynehal
26-10-17, 15:07
It is really weird i must be sleeping really strange, I tried sleeping with a higher pillow last night and it didn't happen, but didn't sleep much as I was uncomfy 😡

jaynehal
27-10-17, 18:20
Hi everyone

Ive had really bad anxiety lately it's driving my mad!

The lasteat health worry it twitches everywhere and calf pain like my muscle is tight.

Really worried this is serious

Jayne x

KK77
27-10-17, 18:51
Muscle tension is very common, Jayne, and the more anxious you get, the more muscle tension builds up causing spasms and twitching.

It's unlikely to be anything serious.

jaynehal
27-10-17, 18:55
Thank you, you really think so x

KK77
28-10-17, 11:07
How are you feeling today, Jayne? Hope you slept well and anxiety is better...

jaynehal
05-11-17, 13:48
Hi ive been anxious for months and ive been twitching everywhere all over, not im getting butning on skin near temple side of head, feeling worried, also all my muscles are aching and ive no energy x

Elen
05-11-17, 14:20
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Desty
06-11-17, 03:45
I have muscles spasms and always burning feeling on skin and mostly tip of fingers. Also have weird pain around abdomen area and also cold feeling sometimes in the same area. tingling and pain and pins, had all of those.

I don't feel like i have anxiety attacks but my life has been stressful for the last 4 or so years and i have been having symptoms for the last 3 years.

I believe once you reach that point, even if you don't have more anxiety attacks the damage is done and you have to repair your mind and body otherwise it will never stop.

Anybody else in the same situation?

I also have a thread called : Muscles Twitching - Skin Burning/Itching And History which explains my case for the last 4 years..

jaynehal
11-11-17, 09:16
Hi everyone

Having a fed up day sick of waking up and just don't feel right!

I got a bad virus in July which the doctors confirmed through blood tests but since this ive been having the following symptoms

Burning patches over body??
Hands and feet turning red and hot then pale and freezing they are never in-between ??
Twitching all over??
Pins and needles when I wake up and take first steps out of bed, then they've gone for the day but making me anxious as its there every morning??
Really sore aching calfs?? Like my legs feel like ive been for a run in my sleep, can't get comfy in bed??

Really struggling, ive seen a rheumatologist as my hands and feet where swelling but ive been discharged as he doesn't think he can help!

Doctor has put me on amitriptyline but I honestly don't think it's doing anything?

Any of you guys get these symptoms ive had these since August now and it's really affecting me everyday.

Thanks

Jayne x

jaynehal
11-11-17, 16:11
jaynehal (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=41925) has reported a post.

Reason:
this wont display all the posts and my latest one cannot be seen
Post: Feeling fed up, pins and needles, twitching, calf pain😪 (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1718453#post1718453)
Forum: Symptoms
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: jaynehal (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=41925)
Original Content:
Hi again

Ive got really bad burning sensations in hands and over top lip it's driving me mental!

I also still keep getting red extremities which flare up and then return to normal after a few minutes but the burning is there most of the time especially over my mouth!

Feeling worried ive not felt right since my virus at the end of July

Thanks

Jayne x

Elen
11-11-17, 16:15
sent a pm

venusbluejeans
11-11-17, 19:39
Thanks Elen...... tell her you broke NMP :roflmao:

Mariaxxx
11-11-17, 21:00
I have experienced the same thing I guess if was dud to anxiety

jaynehal
12-11-17, 13:53
Ive been having weird symptoms since July after I got a virus, I had a about 20+ blood tests done and all ok apart from elevated liver alt which is now coming down, I then developed red hot burning feet and hands it's horrible no one has any answers for me, I have also been getting pins and needles in might feet in a morning after I've been lied down along time this last for 2/3 steps out of bed.

I have also been twitching here there and everywhere!

I've been to my doctors loads about this put me on amitriptyline I've also seen a rheumatologist and says its idiopathic, now I'm having numb/pins and needles in hands and a strange burning patch on face!

This comes and goes daily!

Feeling really worried

emmegee
12-11-17, 14:04
Have you seen a neurologist? I had a similar situation and was diagnosed by a neurologist as post-viral syndrome. Sometimes viruses can mess with your nervous system and cause strange symptoms to linger afterwards. My primary doctor didn't think much of my symptoms as they were non-specific and were not severe... but referred me to a neurologist who had a lot more insight. Some of my symptoms were:
severe headache, tingling in extremeties, dizziness, extreme exhaustion after mild exertion, alcohol intolerance, ringing in ears, increased anxiety, getting "flushed" often out of the blue.

Of course my underlying anxiety made all these worse and I was worried this was some terrrible disease. The neurologist said it is similar to chronic fatigue syndrome, and although there is no cure, symptoms become less severe over time and are managable.

Anyways, it might be worth it to ask for a referral to a neurologist for another opinion.

denim03
12-11-17, 16:06
In February my left toe had fallen asleep every morning when I woke up, I started experiencing pins and needles in my left hand and, eventually, the tip of my thumb and index finger on that hand went numb. I thought it was because of my neck because during this time I had a lot of neck pain so I went to a physical therapist. In May I started experiencing numbness in my saddle area (I even made a post about it on here) and in the span of 3-4 weeks the numbness spread to my entire body and face and even my mouth. I also got cold and burning like pain in my extremities, muscle twitching, tremors, dizziness and palpitations upon stand up and even more when moving. I eventually ended up at the ER because my GP sent a referral to a neurologist when I first presented with the numbness but advised me to go to the ER if I got worse. They took blood tests at the ER, did a lumbar puncture and an MRI of my head and spinal cord. They did not find anything and sent me home. It's honestly been a nightmare since then. The numbness has gotten progressively worse since then and it is constant, it never goes away. I even had a nerve conduction study and EMG and they came our normal as well. However, they did see how abnormally high my heart rate gets when standing or/and moving. I'm going to see a cardiologist and a neurologist again soon. My numbness is worse when I lie down as well and my body parts easily fall asleep. But they ruled out MS for me. Why am I telling you all of this? Because despite these extreme symptoms it doesn't have to be MS. Did the rheumatologist run any tests for autoimmune diseases?

jaynehal
12-11-17, 20:11
jaynehal (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=41925) has also reported this item.

Reason:
Why do all my posts keep vanishing??

jaynehal
12-11-17, 20:17
Ive been having weird symptoms since July after I got a virus, I had a about 20+ blood tests done and all ok apart from elevated liver alt which is now coming down, I then developed red hot burning feet and hands it's horrible no one has any answers for me, I have also been getting pins and needles in might feet in a morning after I've been lied down along time this last for 2/3 steps out of bed.

I have also been twitching here there and everywhere!

I've been to my doctors loads about this put me on amitriptyline I've also seen a rheumatologist and says its idiopathic, now I'm having numb/pins and needles in hands and a strange burning patch on face!

This comes and goes daily!

Feeling really worried

venusbluejeans
12-11-17, 21:09
I will send her a PM *sigh*

venusbluejeans
12-11-17, 21:14
sent her this.... more than likely just about the same as you sent her Elen

Hiya,

At the minute there seems to be a glitch with your thread which means only the first page of the thread can be seen. It has been on and off since one of the admins merged 2 of your threads.

at the minute we are trying to solve it, but not quite sure what is causing the glitch. Hopefully it may fix itself or we can find a way to fix it,

Hope this answers your question

Emmz (Admin)

nomorepanic
12-11-17, 22:29
But she posted this one :

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=210286

and has now done another

nomorepanic
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=210300

nomorepanic
i will pm her as well

nomorepanic
12-11-17, 22:31
test post

nomorepanic
12-11-17, 22:36
oh they are all mucked up lol - must be something odd going on

venusbluejeans
12-11-17, 23:32
yep, can't get past the first page

nomorepanic
12-11-17, 23:34
Will get Alex to look when he gets home next weekend

jaynehal
14-11-17, 18:15
Anyone else have bad muscle aches my neck is killing and my ars and legs feel achy and weak?

DaveP12
14-11-17, 18:20
EXTREMELY common with anxiety. It's all about muscle tension.

jaynehal
14-11-17, 18:39
Thanks I'm feeling about 90 today and struggling with my daily jobs x

jaynehal
25-11-17, 12:56
Hi

Anyone else have leg arm and neck ache im only 37 and feel 90, also having teitches here and there feeling fed up😪

Ash J
25-11-17, 15:37
Yep, everyday! All attributed to anxiety my doc has said.

jaynehal
24-01-18, 18:18
Thanks my arms feel so weak and my neck is so sore really fed up of this anxiety now x