PDA

View Full Version : Rib cage? Tiny bone ridge or lump? 🙄

becca98
09-09-17, 16:38
Sooooo! I was in bed and my rib starting random hurting so I decided to feel it. I bent to the side and found a little lump, I got my mum to feel it and she says it's bone but it's so small and feels ridgy? Do you get these on your rib? It's not really as lumpy on the other side it's on the last rib too

thestruggle
09-09-17, 17:32
I don't think ribs are completely symmetrical and you can have one side that had a ridge that the other side wouldn't :) If it feels like bone it most likely is.. but if you were really worried, you could go and get it looked at. Also, the way your fat is distributed across your body isn't always the same on both sides either and if you're on the slim side you sort of notice it more in places where there is less fleshy stuff and more bone poking through!

becca98
09-09-17, 17:57
I don't think ribs are completely symmetrical and you can have one side that had a ridge that the other side wouldn't :) If it feels like bone it most likely is.. but if you were really worried, you could go and get it looked at. Also, the way your fat is distributed across your body isn't always the same on both sides either and if you're on the slim side you sort of notice it more in places where there is less fleshy stuff and more bone poking through!

Oh yeah I didnt think of that, it just feels like a little ridge or a little bit of fat really but because the hard I will go with bone - I will get it checked out if it got any bigger but it's so small it's almost impossible to feel as anything else but health anxiety seems to tell me it's got to be bad:yesyes: I'm very skinny ribs poke out sometimes so imagining it's just bone! Thank you x

thestruggle
09-09-17, 18:20
I understand the prodding and poking thing totally... it's like I've become fixated on my chest lately lol! :blush: I'm quite small in the upper body so can see/feel my ribs quite easily too.. It's probably not even there, but when you're in an anxious state you can feel and imagine all sorts! :) Keep an eye on it though...if your mum thinks it's bone she's probably right as she wouldn't want you to ignore something if it was more and would be insisting you go to the doctors..

becca98
09-09-17, 18:53
I understand the prodding and poking thing totally... it's like I've become fixated on my chest lately lol! :blush: I'm quite small in the upper body so can see/feel my ribs quite easily too.. It's probably not even there, but when you're in an anxious state you can feel and imagine all sorts! :) Keep an eye on it though...if your mum thinks it's bone she's probably right as she wouldn't want you to ignore something if it was more and would be insisting you go to the doctors..

Yeah I know what you mean, then the poking and prodding makes the problem worse in your head. I know it's bone but it just doesn't feel right🙄 It's literally connected to the bone but just feels like a little ridge tbh! It's so annoying having health anxiety and what's wrong with your chest? :( x

thestruggle
09-09-17, 20:18
Yeah I know what you mean, then the poking and prodding makes the problem worse in your head. I know it's bone but it just doesn't feel right🙄 It's literally connected to the bone but just feels like a little ridge tbh! It's so annoying having health anxiety and what's wrong with your chest? :( x

You were probably born like it :) It's only when you go looking for things that you find all the weird stuff.. Health anxiety is the worst feeling in the world! Imagining all sorts of worst case scenarios and having 'symptoms' after casually reading something online or finding something that doesn't feel 'right'.. Ugh! x

becca98
10-09-17, 01:05
You were probably born like it :) It's only when you go looking for things that you find all the weird stuff.. Health anxiety is the worst feeling in the world! Imagining all sorts of worst case scenarios and having 'symptoms' after casually reading something online or finding something that doesn't feel 'right'.. Ugh! x

Oh yeah I know, but you know what health anxiety is like :roflmao: makes me laugh really, I haven't had any pain apart from when I lied awkwardly on the OPPOSITE rib, and I found a bone sticking out and now I find myself googling all sorts of cancers. Health anxiety really is the most horrible thing I've ever endured, I wish it would go away or a magic cure - I really do!
Can I ask you how your health anxiety started?