PDA

View Full Version : New member

Struggles real
09-09-17, 23:46
Hey everyone. I'm obviously new here. I've browsed the forums for a while now but figured it's time for me to join in.

So I was diagnosed with panic disorder 9 years ago and have been on clonazepam since then which has been my crutch. Throughout the years I've been able to develop strong copeing mechanisms for my down days (breathing, yawning, stretching and muscle tensing).

I hadn't had a full blown attack for a few years but had one before my wedding a few months ago which redeveloped the natural fear of oncoming episodes. This increased the frequency, this week being the worst I've ever experienced. Monday and Tuesday I didn't eat or sleep due to attacks from from a 7-9 range throughout the stretch. Today I fell into another but a little bourbon helped ease the stress so all is well at the moment.

I started CBT about 7 weeks ago and we have come to a conclusion it's either a chemical inbalance or is hereditary since we've ruled out trauma due to my high sense of self awareness. We've been working on meditation though this week has been tough since I can't disconnect with my mind running rampant.

Basically I'm just curious if anyone else has any advice with their own methods of calming that I didn't list. Also here for the general support.

Hope you all are well.

-Scott

venusbluejeans
09-09-17, 23:53
Hiya Struggles real and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Struggles real
09-09-17, 23:55
Hiya Struggles real and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Thanks emmz. I'll look into it!