PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack please someone

Hypomean
10-09-17, 13:53
Almost 6 right now just got home from clubbing and I did drink a lot. We came home and my heart is beating fast. And it's not in its usual ba dum ba dum ba dum way it's dum dum dum dum dum dum. Husband doesn't want to call 911 for me and doesn't want to take me to the hospital.

ServerError
10-09-17, 14:01
That's because you don't need to go. You said yourself in the title of your thread that you're having a panic attack. Plus, drinking a lot tends to make your heart pound. As always, you're in no danger. I suggest you drink some water and get some sleep.

Hypomean
10-09-17, 14:20
Unbearable stomach pain and cold pins and needles throughout chest.

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

I know I put panic attack but if it's something else. What if it is a afib?
My chest is burning.

I went out to drink last week and I think it was more last time. Why today?

My husband is telling me to relax and calm down that, like you said Server, it's just the drinks and because we haven't slept and that supposedly his heart is beating fast too.

I think my heart is beating normal now but I'm still left with these icy pick feelings to the chest and arms. I was having issues breathing when my heart was beating faster

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

Why do I have to be like this? I just told my husband I feel like such a burden. A nut case for being like this and I told him I'm sorry. This is really starting to get out of hand.

ServerError
10-09-17, 14:47
Congratulations go to TheLegend73 or whatever he's called for planting the "afib" nonsense in your head.

As I've said time and again, you have to get help with this. It won't go away in its own. Somehow, you and your husband have to figure out a way of getting you some help.

Fishmanpa
10-09-17, 15:18
If you and your husband can afford a night out of clubbing and drinking, you can afford to find a therapist. It's a matter of priorities. I guess you need to decide what's more important.

Positive thoughts

ServerError
10-09-17, 15:28
I never thought of it that way, but it's a fair point.

KK77
10-09-17, 15:50
Your heart is probably still beating to the rhythm of the bass. Do a little dance then get some rest :shades:

Annaboodle
10-09-17, 16:39
Alcohol sends anxiety through the roof. If you're serious about wanting rid of your anxiety you may have to consider cutting right back or even cutting it out, otherwise your heart is of course going to pound fast and so you can hear it in your head. I'm angry about that poster that put that afib idea in your head. Hope you're alright by now. A sleep will sort you out if you can get one.

thestruggle
10-09-17, 21:19
I'm pretty sure it's just the alcohol... many a night I've had one (or ten) too many and I'm well aware of what my heart is doing by the time I get back home because I can feel it pounding away in my chest.. It's a mix of the drinks, the tiredness and need for sleep... You have to remember alcohol is a depressant and if you're already anxious, then it will only make you feel worse. I wear a Fitbit and my HR is way higher after a night of drinking..your body has to process all that alcohol :)

Hypomean
11-09-17, 04:15
Thank you guys for the time.

It's been a couple of bad weeks so we were just going out to have some fun. We don't waste money where we go it's bring your own drinks. Paid for the 15 dollar bottle of Jack and the club provides the mixers.
We are trying to push for insurance we are almost there.
I haven't had this reaction to alcohol in years. I now vaguely remember I used to deal with an increase of anxiety after a night out of drinking. But the heart think I will admit felt different then all the other times. After really talking to my husband, he was more supportive today. I kept getting this bumps with anxiety. We had a heavy dinner and I proceeded to get really active with a full sloshy stomach within minutes I was sweating to bad and I felt shaky and my heart was beating hard. My hubs just said it was too soon to do all that I did after eating. I calmed down finally and that's when it hit me that this is why I had stopped drinking for two years because I would get bad anxiety the days after drinking. How did I forget? Mental block of the worst period of my life and look at me now it's history repeating itself!

I don't want to go down that route again. I am pushing to get the insurance asap. Hopefully it's soon.

---------- Post added at 03:15 ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 ----------

And I'll be cutting back on drinking whenever we go again.

MyNameIsTerry
11-09-17, 05:01
To be honest, Hypomean, with the way your anxiety seems to me from your posting and how you tell us you feel, you are not in a good place right now. So, you may be over sensitive to things that stimulate your body, like caffeine, and the impact alcohol has on Serotonin spiking (the worst the more you drink) you are bound to feel it worse than someone who is well into their recovery.

When I was really bad just eating made me worse. Protein causes body temperature to rise and that bothered me. Any stimulating energy type vitamins were the same like some of the B vitamins. Caffeine was not good. I stayed away from alcohol knowing that wouldn't be a good experience the next day.

But once into recovery I could tolerate caffeine fine. The same with a lot of other things.

Adapt to the now.

Fishmanpa
11-09-17, 12:30
Hypo,

Insurance or not, there is help available. Go to www.mentalhealth.gov. Make a call. Find a group. Get a list of therapists in your area that will accept the insurance you get. There may be some very affordable options. Depending on your household income, there may be state assistance available. There are things you could be doing! But it comes down to you to do it.

Positive thoughts

au Lait
11-09-17, 17:52
Thank you guys for the time.

It's been a couple of bad weeks so we were just going out to have some fun. We don't waste money where we go it's bring your own drinks. Paid for the 15 dollar bottle of Jack and the club provides the mixers.
We are trying to push for insurance we are almost there.
I haven't had this reaction to alcohol in years. I now vaguely remember I used to deal with an increase of anxiety after a night out of drinking. But the heart think I will admit felt different then all the other times. After really talking to my husband, he was more supportive today. I kept getting this bumps with anxiety. We had a heavy dinner and I proceeded to get really active with a full sloshy stomach within minutes I was sweating to bad and I felt shaky and my heart was beating hard. My hubs just said it was too soon to do all that I did after eating. I calmed down finally and that's when it hit me that this is why I had stopped drinking for two years because I would get bad anxiety the days after drinking. How did I forget? Mental block of the worst period of my life and look at me now it's history repeating itself!

I don't want to go down that route again. I am pushing to get the insurance asap. Hopefully it's soon.

---------- Post added at 03:15 ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 ----------

And I'll be cutting back on drinking whenever we go again.

You don't need to explain your financial situation to anyone here. That is very personal, and something that is solely you and your husband's business. Even those of us who suffer from anxiety should be allowed to treat ourselves to a good time without being made to feel guilty about it. No one here should be required to present receipts of their most recent therapy session in order to be taken seriously.

I wish that everyone could afford therapy, but the truth is that many people simply can't, even with insurance. And that is not the end of the world, nor does it mean that you are doomed to a life of uncontrolled anxiety. There are other options out there to explore in the interim, such as self help books and videos online. Even with years of therapy under one's belt, relapses are common. And that's ok, too. The road to recovery is not one way only.

Reaching out to the people here is good. You know there's a problem and you want to change. It sounds like your husband is being supportive, which is also good. It's important to have a support system in place. Something to feel good about! :)

One thing that has worked for me is keeping a diary of every time I have an attack. I will write down the symptom(s) that is scaring me and what my feared outcome is. Then a few minutes or hours later (whenever my symptoms subside) I will revisit my diary and write what the actual outcome of the situation was.

Example:
Symptom: My heart is racing.
Fear: I am going to die of a heart attack
Outcome: I didn't have a heart attack. I am fine. My heart was racing due to anxiety.

Whenever I'm having an anxiety attack, I find it extremely helpful and reassuring to look back at my journal and see all the times in the past when my brain tricked me into thinking something terrible was going to happen. Then I can remind myself that the things I've feared were not reality. They were simply anxiety.

Fishmanpa
11-09-17, 17:57
Whenever I'm having an anxiety attack, I find it extremely helpful and reassuring to look back at my journal and see all the times in the past when my brain tricked me into thinking something terrible was going to happen. Then I can remind myself that the things I've feared were not reality. They were simply anxiety.

Or... depending on the member, look at post history ;)

Positive thoughts

Hypomean
12-09-17, 05:28
Hypo,

Insurance or not, there is help available. Go to www.mentalhealth.gov. Make a call. Find a group. Get a list of therapists in your area that will accept the insurance you get. There may be some very affordable options. Depending on your household income, there may be state assistance available. There are things you could be doing! But it comes down to you to do it.

Positive thoughts

Thanks Fishmanpa for the link I did check it out they only mainly have for the addiction centers for my area. There's two for the mental health services. One that I had been to when I had coverage and it was a poorly run establishment. And the other one is one I mentioned on here before, it's in treatment only and they put you with very mentally ill people, which my therapist had warned me against. The rest are 2 hrs away. Not doable.

---------- Post added at 04:28 ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 ----------

You don't need to explain your financial situation to anyone here. That is very personal, and something that is solely you and your husband's business. Even those of us who suffer from anxiety should be allowed to treat ourselves to a good time without being made to feel guilty about it. No one here should be required to present receipts of their most recent therapy session in order to be taken seriously.

I wish that everyone could afford therapy, but the truth is that many people simply can't, even with insurance. And that is not the end of the world, nor does it mean that you are doomed to a life of uncontrolled anxiety. There are other options out there to explore in the interim, such as self help books and videos online. Even with years of therapy under one's belt, relapses are common. And that's ok, too. The road to recovery is not one way only.

Reaching out to the people here is good. You know there's a problem and you want to change. It sounds like your husband is being supportive, which is also good. It's important to have a support system in place. Something to feel good about! :)

One thing that has worked for me is keeping a diary of every time I have an attack. I will write down the symptom(s) that is scaring me and what my feared outcome is. Then a few minutes or hours later (whenever my symptoms subside) I will revisit my diary and write what the actual outcome of the situation was.

Example:
Symptom: My heart is racing.
Fear: I am going to die of a heart attack
Outcome: I didn't have a heart attack. I am fine. My heart was racing due to anxiety.

Thank you au Lait.
I know I shouldn't but I want to let them know I am trying.

As for the journaling I used to do that I will start it up again. Hope it's stops me from coming on here often. I think writing my posts was what replaced it since I was able to search for my previous posts or I'd type in my symptom on here on the search bar and some of my previous posts would pop up. Which some make me think "hey I survived that one!"
It is anxiety it's just horrible in the moment of a panic attack or very anxious thoughts.