PDA

View Full Version : Continuous headache since May

NellyDuLally
10-09-17, 18:05
Hi,
I've had a constant dull headache since May. It started with a massive bang of a headache whilst I was asleep. It woke me up at 05:30 in the morning - v. Painful. It felt like I'd slept on a blood vessel & cut off the supply. I couldn't move my head... since then I've had all sorts of odd/irritating symptoms.
Dull ache behind my left eye. When I'm tired at night, it hurst to close my eye. I've had pressure checked and it's ok. It does feel like it's being pushed out though.
Dull, sometimes hot, ache on temple/left side of head that radiates to top of my head. (Doesn't throb)
Earache with numbness of left ear and side of face (intermittent and once on other side of head)
Tingling in hands - mostly right one.. slight weakness whilst tingling. Often but not constant.
Twice my left eye stopped moving whilst I was staring at something causing my vision to go really weird.
Neck ache, base of skull, left side.
Anxiety/panic attacks
Menhorragia
Anaemia - ferritin level 3.. recently risen to 17 with iron supplements.
Doctor thinks it's all linked to anaemia and is anxiety based. This has been constant since May - with variation in severity. Painkillers barely touch it.
Do you have any experience of this or think it's something to worry about?
TIA.

Midnight-mouse
10-09-17, 21:29
I have had similar that was put down to stress and anxiety, probably aggravated by not sleeping, drinking or eating properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melonpony
11-09-17, 05:39
Last summer I had a headache every day. Similar.

Turned out to be lack of sleep, anxiety, and stress.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thoughts
12-09-17, 05:33
I'm no doctor and I, of course, can't speak to what you have.

I do, however, have left side "headaches." Sometimes, just a pressure behind my eye and bridge of the nose. Most of the times, they start just above the hairline on the left side of my neck. Reach back and grab a fist of hair directly behind your ear and above the hairline. That's where they start.

Often it starts in the morning. If I wake up with pain at the base of the neck, I know it will get worse throughout the day and move behind my eye. The progression: it radiates to the top of my head and then forward to behind the eyes. its either a knife like pain or a burning ache. I get light sensitivity when this happens, too.

You may consider reading the following two articles to see if anything discussed resonates with you.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2565113/
look at table 1 in particular.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2881998/

Stress, by the way, makes the neck tense up. Anxiety also usually means massive muscle tension. So, when a doctor says your headache is due to stress or anxiety, think muscle tension...