PDA

View Full Version : Pain when I sneeze

tingalayo
10-09-17, 18:17
Sometimes I make the mistake of googling something I've had for years and thought was normal, and it's always a big mistake...and I've done it today...
For as long as I can remember, occasionally if I'm lying very flat and stretched out on my back, and I sneeze, it sends a very painful shockwave down into both sides of my lower abdomen and everything feels like it's burning for about 30secs and then I'm fine. Only occasionally, and only if I'm in a particular position when I sneeze. I always assumed it was a normal thing and just my abdominal muscles or something, but I decided to google it today and there are many people describing this exact thing to a T, but they are ALL pregnant and apparently it's 'round ligament pain' but you only get it in pregnancy, and I'm not pregnant. I'm now thinking if I have been getting a symptom for many years that you normally only get when you're pregnant then I must have something terribly wrong with my reproductive system and I'm trying to desperately research and work out what on earth it could be. Have I got terrible adhesions or something that I don't even know about?? What's going on? :weep:

AntsyVee
10-09-17, 18:59
I've gotten this and I'm not pregnant. It's about the way you're lying down and your lungs trying to quickly dispel the air they've inhaled. This can happen during coughing too, but it happens the most to me while I'm sleeping.