PDA

View Full Version : Tips On Travelling

GaryP
11-09-17, 01:48
I go on holiday tomorrow & I'm nervous. I have been on holidays every years, and coped fine, however this year I've been signed off work, and things have been very difficult recently. I am worried about not sleeping, having break downs, feeling trapped, and not being able to relax while I am there. Currently I am just managing to cope, but I'm at home, not travelling. I want to be able to focus only on my holiday, and enjoy my time there, but it feels like a long stretch.

Does anyone have any tips on preparing themselves, and staying grounded when they go on holidays?

Juggar
11-09-17, 09:15
When I travel I do everything I can to not think about anxiety. Found it really helps to have people to talk to, even if it's just meaningless babble. course there are bad times as well one time I had to drive 6 hours each way and it was horrible. Mainly because I didn't sleep well the night before and even less the night that I got there. Basically a worst case scenario. But, I managed that drive so I guess the worrying was all for nothing.

Just do the best you can to distract yourself. I find that the more I sit around and do not gif the worse it gets for me.