PDA

View Full Version : help fear of rabies.

sakalaka
11-09-17, 06:45
A week ago I was sitting in a park talking to my friends . Some of my friends are dog lovers they were giving biscuits to street dogs . Suddenly one of the dog came behind my back and startled me. Now I am thinking that somehow that street dog bit me and I didn't even noticed it. After 3 days of incident I check my back there were 2 red marks spaced 1 cm apart. It could be pimples. But I am very frightened now. Could I have been infected by rabies. Can anyone be bit by a dog and didn't even noticed. Plus the dogs were very playful and looking healthy. Please help me as anxiety is getting the better of me and I am feeling like loosing control over myself.

Fishmanpa
11-09-17, 12:20
Can anyone be bit by a dog and didn't even noticed.

I don't know if your illness won't allow you to believe it but "No". There are no what if's or any other variables.

If you read some of the other rabies threads you'll see the same irrationality. Can a "rabid" bat sneak into your house undetected, bite you undetected and sneak back out undetected?... The answer is? :lac: Your scenario presents the same impossibility.

Positive thoughts

sakalaka
11-09-17, 15:14
I know this is highly impossible but you know what anxiety and is does. It totally turns off yours brains logical side and only focuses on negative scenario.
Anyways thanks for the reassurance.
I guess I just have to try and forget the incident.

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

Also one more query please clarify can a dog bite puncture wound be healed in just 1 day.

au Lait
11-09-17, 18:19
Unless you were unconscious at the time, there is no way that an animal could bite you hard enough to puncture your skin without you being aware of it. To answer your second question, a dog bite couldn't heal in one day. That would not be possible. Bite wounds typically take about 7-10 days to heal. Take it from someone who has been bitten by dogs a few times. You are fine. :)

sakalaka
12-09-17, 04:50
I know my fear is illogical but can anyone give me some tips how to control my anxiety. The thing is getting out of bounds. Will medication help?

au Lait
12-09-17, 05:19
For some yes, medication can help. Often a combination of medication and therapy seem to work best for many people. Have you ever tried CBT? I know how hard it is dealing with those illogical fears and thoughts. But you can get better.

sakalaka
14-09-17, 15:34
The dog I was talking about above which I think bit me..... I saw today. It has been 3 weeks since that incident and the dog is healthy and alive. Do you think at the time of incident it could have spread rabies.

Fishmanpa
14-09-17, 17:01
I saw today. It has been 3 weeks since that incident and the dog is healthy and alive. Do you think at the time of incident it could have spread rabies.

Reading what you wrote, do you? Would this dog that you imagine bit you be healthy and alive if it had rabies?

NOTE: This is a yes or no answer.

Positive thoughts

sakalaka
16-09-17, 09:32
Is it true that some dogs can be asymptomatic carrier of rabies. That is they can pass the rabies virus but not show any symptoms and do not die within 10 days. If it's true then how likely it is .

Bigboyuk
16-09-17, 15:46
In any case you would know if you had been bitten or not fact! I some times play rough with my dog and sometimes she catches me in play with her teeth but it's not a bite so you have to put it into prespective here you weren't bit and you haven't got rabies it's clear cut it's your anxiety that makes you believe you have been bitten when you haven't :) You will be fine 100% Cheers

au Lait
16-09-17, 22:54
Is it true that some dogs can be asymptomatic carrier of rabies. That is they can pass the rabies virus but not show any symptoms and do not die within 10 days. If it's true then how likely it is .

If an animal is not exhibiting symptoms of rabies then it is not possible for it to transmit the disease. The disease only becomes contagious once the animal starts to exhibit symptoms. So no, you can't get rabies from an asymptomatic animal.

The standard quarantine time for an animal suspected of rabies is 10 days, which is double the amount of time that it would take a rabid animal to die of the disease. The quarantine time frame was doubled simply as a precautionary measure. If it's been longer than 10 days and the animal isn't dead, then it doesn't have rabies and couldn't infect you.

HOCDfighter
19-09-17, 20:40
M8, if you were bitten without notice it it would be strange. Unless you were unconscious but still...

sakalaka
04-10-17, 05:51
For the past 2 days I am having occasional pin prick feeling in the area where I thought I was bitten. Can anxiety cause this or rabies is coming to get me.

Bigboyuk
04-10-17, 11:53
For the past 2 days I am having occasional pin prick feeling in the area where I thought I was bitten. Can anxiety cause this or rabies is coming to get me. No this is anxiety which needs to be treated simple as no if or buts ok Cheers

sakalaka
04-10-17, 12:00
Can anxiety also.caise pin and needle feeling on tip of tongue or this is sign of neurological disorder.

Bigboyuk
04-10-17, 12:25
Can anxiety also.caise pin and needle feeling on tip of tongue or this is sign of neurological disorder. What help are you getting for your anxiety etc are you on meds and or therapy? You need to get this under control mate :) Cheers

Fishmanpa
04-10-17, 13:14
Can anxiety also.caise pin and needle feeling on tip of tongue or this is sign of neurological disorder.

You do realize that it's been three weeks since you started this thread? What does that tell you?

Positive thoughts

sakalaka
04-10-17, 13:49
Actually this is the first time I am having symptoms similar to rabies. It's been 6 weeks from that incident. And this pina and needle feeling is also a symptoms of rabies. So I am breaking out. Can anxiety really cause this. Because pins and needles on body is ok but on the tip of tongue is breaking me out. Apart from this I don't have any other symptoms as of right now.

Bigboyuk
04-10-17, 14:30
Actually this is the first time I am having symptoms similar to rabies. It's been 6 weeks from that incident. And this pina and needle feeling is also a symptoms of rabies. So I am breaking out. Can anxiety really cause this. Because pins and needles on body is ok but on the tip of tongue is breaking me out. Apart from this I don't have any other symptoms as of right now. Well just look at the posts Fishmanpa's springs to mind and even your post 6 weeks after what supposed to have happened tells me clearly you aren't going to get rabies you are more likely to be struck by lightning!! Stop Dr Googling it's sending your anxiety out of control which is making you feel worse There is nothing more to say on this really. Apart from when you are going to get help for your anxiety??Cheers

sakalaka
05-10-17, 06:42
Went to a doctor yesterday. The doctor didn't find anything but prescribed allergy medicine. Had a good night's sleep. Feeling some what relaxed today. The pin prick feeling has decreased a little, but still is there. Let's hope for best.

Bigboyuk
05-10-17, 10:35
Went to a doctor yesterday. The doctor didn't find anything but prescribed allergy medicine. Had a good night's sleep. Feeling some what relaxed today. The pin prick feeling has decreased a little, but still is there. Let's hope for best. That's good news ( I knew it would be!!) actually a very positive post till you get to the end lets hope for the best (may be reading it wrong) LOL there is no lets hope for the best, you can relax in the knowledge it wasn't anything serious to worry about but still suggest you get your HA under control have you had a word with your GP about this? Thanks for the update Cheers

sakalaka
05-10-17, 11:41
Actually in india people and doctors don't consider anxiety as a real medical issue. You will be made fun of if you explain this to your gp. Didn't knew previously that anxiety could manifest into physical symptoms like this. Trying to keep my mind away from this issue.

Bigboyuk
05-10-17, 12:00
Actually in india people and doctors don't consider anxiety as a real medical issue. You will be made fun of if you explain this to your gp. Didn't knew previously that anxiety could manifest into physical symptoms like this. Trying to keep my mind away from this issue. That sucks mate :huh: I mean here's you trying to get help for your HA and yet the very people who are supposed to help would laugh at this? Is this just a cultural thing or plain ignorance?? Sorry to hear this :) Cheers