PDA

View Full Version : mole, scared

Mary2
11-09-17, 18:44
Hi, I'm 21 and I always had that one mole on my neck, it has a size of a green/brown
lentils.
Today I injured it when I was changing my shirt. It felt like I cut it? so I walked to the mirror and saw that a tiny part of it is hanging. And I remove it.
I'm scared of moles. I've injured that one before too and I've been to dermatologist. I guess it wasn't a suspicious one as she offered to get it removed only if it was a problem for me. She told me what medicine to use for the injury and I was fine.
Now I feel a burning sensation on it. And I wonder if it's just anxiety or something more? I think it was fine when I was distracted by the book I'm reading and now it's burning again.

Do you think it's dangerous? Thank you. :)

au Lait
11-09-17, 23:18
I don't think it's dangerous. The fact that it only burns when you think of it says to me that the burning sensation is most likely brought on by anxiety and focusing too much on it. It's also likely that it will hurt a bit as the area is healing. That's normal. Similar to any other time that you bruise or cut yourself. It can sometimes feel a bit sore or weird as it heals.

Fishmanpa
12-09-17, 00:39
I had a harmless mole on my face removed (vanity reasons) and was told it had a 50/50 chance of coming back. It came back *sigh*... but knowing it's been there since forever, it is what it is and not something to stress about tbh.

Positive thoughts

NervUs
12-09-17, 02:04
BOth of my kids have picked off moles. It happens...

Mary2
12-09-17, 18:03
then you all :) feeling better about it :hugs: