PDA

View Full Version : Panicking....blood test results same day!

Justanutter
11-09-17, 21:49
Went for blood test at Drs this morning.....got text at tea time to say results were back and to contact surgery....gulp...never known that quick sonthinking the worst.....wouldn't the surgery have phoned? Anyone known this to happen and it not be bad news :weep:

MissRobron
11-09-17, 22:00
Went for blood test at Drs this morning.....got text at tea time to say results were back and to contact surgery....gulp...never known that quick sonthinking the worst.....wouldn't the surgery have phoned? Anyone known this to happen and it not be bad news :weep:

I think it depends on the surgery, I know some always contact you and some don't.

I don't think it's cause for alarm though

NancyW
11-09-17, 22:00
Have you called them back ?

Could be something simple like low iron.

I got a call right after I had preadmission testing before surgery, scared the s*** out if me, turned out that there was missing information in my records. Ugh !

au Lait
11-09-17, 22:02
Yes, this has happened to me too. Last time I got blood work done I got a call from my doctor's office saying that I needed to make an appointment to go over the results with my Dr. Of course I immediately assumed the worst and called them in a panic. Turned out that it was standard practice for them to go over test results with their patients in person. My results were completely normal. Some doctors just don't give results over the phone for legal reasons I suspect. If it was something serious it's more likely that they would have contacted you directly over the phone and said come in soon, not just sent you a text and left it up to you to contact them whenever. It was probably just a slow day at the lab and that's why they got your results so quickly.

Fishmanpa
11-09-17, 22:04
Only way to tell is to call...

Positive thoughts

thestruggle
11-09-17, 22:57
I had a blood test recently and my doctor said the results could be back the same day if I went early enough.. or part of the results.. I ended up booking an appointment for the next working day and everything was showing up on my medical records already :) Normal result too.. as others have said if you've been sent for tests then the doctor usually likes to go through results with you, see how you're doing and talk about next steps if that applies..