PDA

View Full Version : I'm constantly worrying and it's getting out of hand

BrokenGirl
12-09-17, 14:50
Does anyone else ever feel like you have to be worried all the time?
I'm feeling like this lately and I can't seem to shake it off.
I am constantly scanning my body (not on purpose, but it's going on in my mind without me even knowing it) and thinking that everything could possibly be a sign that something serious is wrong. It's as if my mind is afraid to let me be happy and not worry. I can't stop thinking the worst with every little thing and it's destroying me.
Does anyone else ever feel like this? How do you cope with it or try to get it under control?

Mrs.Anxiety
12-09-17, 15:10
Have you tried meditation/yoga? I find those two help me tremendously recently. It's been very hard to quiet the voices in my head as well, but I think as long as you find time to feel those moments of peace, you will be OK!

Loggie05
15-09-17, 17:28
I'm the same. Its like if I dont wake up anxious then something must be wrong and I try my hardest to find something and the anxiety just increases. X

melfish
15-09-17, 18:22
I wake up every day with my heart pounding. I can't remember what it's like to feel at peace. I was in Paris earlier this year, with not a care in the world. I'm scared I'll never feel like that again. I can't help looking at my life as "before" (this started) and "after".

BrokenGirl
15-09-17, 22:08
It's nice to know i'm not alone, but sorry ye are going through this as well.
I also keep thinking about what life was like before this started and I wish i could live like that again.
I know that at the end of the day i'm going to need therapy to get rid of this HA but i can't afford it at the moment so it's just so hard trying to get through each day, one day at a time :weep:

amy357
16-09-17, 00:37
I know what you feel like. I can never start off my day positively because from the second I am awake I remind myself of how I can't be happy today because I am dying from whatever disease or illness I have self-diagnosed myself with :( I feel like there is never a time in my day I am not worried about something but yet I still have to put on a smile and pretend like everything is okay! Hoping this will all get better for all of us :)

thestruggle
16-09-17, 19:30
YES! I have been like this way a lot lately, but the last few days I've had NO anxiety whatsoever :) I'm getting a glimpse of the old me! You have to find something that you're passionate about or something that is good for your body.. For me it's the gym and fitness. I have a real appreciation about what my body can do from lifting weights and getting stronger, which stops me seeing it as this thing that could be plagued with illnesses.. :D I had some CBT this week (3rd session!) and it's really helping me change my irrational thoughts and behaviour.. I've not had a panic attack in weeks.. Despite what I'm worrying about at the moment I feel really good as I've been able to go to the gym 4 times this week and feel a million times healthier for it. There must be something you are passionate about you can get into or work towards so you're looking at something great in the future..

Blonde123
16-09-17, 20:27
I feel the same. It's like I can't make any life decisions just in case. I'm always thinking what if this happens to me or I'm not buying that in case I'm diagnosed with whatever illness. I'm also sick of constantly analysing every little twitch and twinge and thinking the worst!

Josh1234
16-09-17, 20:41
You cope by starting therapy and/or medication.

Elliejane44
17-09-17, 18:11
Hi

Can you get referred by Gp for therapy . There is also online programs

It not a magic wand but worth a try. I am midway through cbt .

Ellie

Senior Moment
17-09-17, 19:33
Go online to CBT4panic. Its a free online course and very good. It explains everything about anxiety and panic and helps to overcome it if you put the work in. Its definitely worth a try cos anxiety is EXHAUSTING !!! xx

Cazza 7
17-09-17, 20:40
Does anyone else ever feel like you have to be worried all the time?
I'm feeling like this lately and I can't seem to shake it off.
I am constantly scanning my body (not on purpose, but it's going on in my mind without me even knowing it) and thinking that everything could possibly be a sign that something serious is wrong. It's as if my mind is afraid to let me be happy and not worry. I can't stop thinking the worst with every little thing and it's destroying me.
Does anyone else ever feel like this? How do you cope with it or try to get it under control?
Hi

I was exactly like you , brough on by money,relationship, work stress i went to gp in tears and was put on citlppram 10mg for it, i was on it 18 months and it helped a lot,
Im not on it now but im a lot better i sit and think things thru more .
I do not body scan so much had a little worry about smear test results
Talk to gp and i hope you get the help you deserve