PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety and weird body sensations

JabbyNettles
12-09-17, 15:17
Hi everyone
Does anyone suffer from weird body sensations?
I suffer from severe health anxiety and the last 3 months have been a living nightmare. I have a beating sensation on my back and sometimes in my tummy but they totally control and scare me, on Sunday I had a tremor feeling in my back and legs so again I freaked out and cried most of the night worrying myself sick and thinking that I must be seriously ill..... my doctor said it's all part of the anxiety but the feelings are here most of the day so I'm finding it hard to believe that anxiety can really make me feel so ill. I'm currently on Sertraline 50mg and Propranolol 10mg 3 times a day. Anyone got any ideas or tips for me please?
Thanks

Loggie05
15-09-17, 17:26
I'm on 100mg sertraline and 10mg propanalol 3 times a day. I have all sorts of peculiar symptoms. I get tingling eyelids, twitching nose, weird body jerks, dizzy, sick, slight head ache, concentration loss and just general weird sensations. Its so hard because these symptoms also signal terrifying diseases. I'm chalking most of mine up to the sertraline. X

melfish
15-09-17, 18:17
I have nonstop weird body sensations. I get that beating sensation in my back. Jerks, twitches, tingles. My tongue scares me the most. I am terrified it's the beginning of a neurological disease (that shall remain nameless).

MyNameIsTerry
15-09-17, 18:45
Yep, all sorts of weird sensations, feelings, thoughts, etc. Sadly, all part of the theme park's anxiety ride. :mad:

Other than the challenge of the HA thoughts over them being something sinister, there is a lot to be sad for approaches such as acceptance-based work to learn they can't hurt us and they lessen or go away completely. It's very hard work though.

melfish
15-09-17, 18:52
Yes, I know my own thinking is very black and white. My tongue twitching/quivering is either nothing (in which case, why is it even there?) or the harbinger of ALS. It's like I can't fathom anything in between, and most of the time I can't accept that it can be there and not be sinister.

MyNameIsTerry
15-09-17, 20:14
Melfish, I found learning about Cognitive Distortions and learning to spot & apply strategies against them helped me to work on my thoughts. Knowing where they are tripping you up can only help in recovery.

melfish
15-09-17, 21:05
Yes, and I would throw myself headlong into that, but I'm not at all convinced I don't have ALS. I'm terrified I do.

au Lait
15-09-17, 21:54
Here's a list of physical anxiety symptoms some of you may find helpful:
http://www.anxiety-central.com/index.php?/topic/75-list-of-over-100-anxiety-symptoms/

A lot of these were surprising to me. So many weird things that I've experienced that I had no idea were related to my anxiety. I find it comforting to know that these random symptoms are due to my anxiety and nothing more sinister.

JabbyNettles
16-09-17, 10:26
Thank you all for your replies, I really appreciate it �� I've had to go back to my Dr as I had a full blown panic attack on Wednesday (the worst I've ever experienced) I am so sick of feeling this way but yet my Dr say's it's all caused by anxiety and worrying 24/7....when you think about it, it really couldn't be good for your body BUT the little devil sitting on my shoulder says it could be something serious, it's just a vicious cycle. My body is exhausted with this illness, it's really starting to takes it's toll on me now. Thanks again guys for listening to me ranting on xx[COLOR="blue"]

Senior Moment
16-09-17, 11:47
I can relate to how you feel and it I quite normal for the curse that is anxiety.!!! Check out CBT4panic on this website. I am finding it quite helpful, as I am not taking any medication as I found the side effects made my anxiety worse. Check it out. xx

JabbyNettles
16-09-17, 12:12
Thank you I will check it out x

robinhall
17-09-17, 12:35
Hi
The link to CBT4Panic is in my signature below :-)