PDA

View Full Version : Head pressure/blocked ears

nwoods92
12-09-17, 23:20
Been a bit spaced out the last few days and lightheaded. Gone to bed tonight and noticed nose was slightly blocked very slightly, now when I yawn my ears unblock /pop and massive head pressure. Scared of an aneurysm:( any comfort reassurance anyone please? Scared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tingalayo
13-09-17, 10:22
Sounds like it could be a sinus infection? Maybe go to the doctor so they can take a look? I think your symptoms would be worse if it was an aneurysm!:)

PlsMakeItStop
13-09-17, 22:47
Sounds like you've just got a head cold with a little eustachian tube dysfunction!

Totally normal during the cold season, and especially in the last few years! The more I hear about people catching nasties, it has to do with the ears getting blocked up. How are you getting along today? If you can take a nice hot shower or bath and breathe in the steam, this might give you some relief. I've been dealing with a nagging, long term bout of this, and have had to pop my eustachian tubes open on my own at least once a day to keep the pressure from building up. Have you tried doing that? The fact that they're popping when you yawn is a good thing! It means they're opening and closing, so they're not totally swollen up, so you might be able to just pinch your nose, and then act as though you're blowing your nose. That ought to pop them open again, and even though you'll feel more head pressure immediately, that'll fade, and you should start feeling better! :)

I hope you start feeling better soon, this thing really is going around, and you'll be ok! Searching up "eustachian tube dysfunction" won't turn up anything horrifying, and will usually teach you some useful ways to help relieve the pressure it causes!

nwoods92
13-09-17, 22:48
Thank you so much for that I'm a right mess this week if it isn't one thing it's something else! :-( x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thestruggle
14-09-17, 00:04
Definitely sounds like a fluid issue and some congestion to me too :) I'm sure you're absolutely fine.. the jaw and ears are linked so by yawning you're encouraging the ears to pop if they're a little blocked. Definitely agree with previous suggestions about steaming as that can be really helpful, plus a nice hot bath will probably help you relax at the same time! Get some good sleep and take it easy when you can :hugs: