PDA

View Full Version : scared

KLK1107
10-06-07, 19:02
Hi! I haven't been on the computer in awhile so I apologize for not posting for quite some time... I am posting today because we just found out on Friday that I am pregnant... we are very excited, but the one thing that scares the crap outta me is the fact that I am terrified of throwing up... every morning that I wake up and feel yucky, I panic and I am really not supposed to be taking xanax because it is a category D drug, so I don't take those anymore and I am in agony when I don't feel well... has anyone else who was afraid of being sick gotten pregnant and made it through without throwing up?... my gyno won't prescribe me anything unless i'm actually throwing up, which thankfully i'm not right now, but it's the worrying about will the morning sickness get worse and make me throw up... if anyone has any advice PLEASE SHARE! thanks!

samc100
10-06-07, 19:21
If do actually feel sick in a morning (I was an evening sickness type) then take to bed a glass of water and ginger biscuits or crackers. When you wake up - do so gradually and sip the water and eat the biscuit until you feel able to move and the nausea has eased.

I found mint imperials eased my sickness feelings.
Could be trial and error until you find what works for you.
Try not to worry about it cos' it only lasts a few weeks then goes. Many women don't throw up just feel queasy.

KLK1107
10-06-07, 19:36
thank you so much for responding so quickly! I appreciate it!

traciec39
10-06-07, 20:35
hi there,
im so scared of vomiting too, but i found that sipping soda water really helped also i chew very strong minty gum and try not to think about it babe xxx good luck xxx

KLK1107
10-06-07, 22:33
thank you very much!

Lindalou64
11-06-07, 02:07
Hi And Congrats Im Not Pregnant But I Get Nauseas All The Time Theres An Exellent Drug Called Promethazine That Stop You From Getting Sick And Calms The Belly It Also Realaxes You Maybe You Can Pass This By Ya Doctor While You Go Thru The Morning Sickness,,,,wish Ya The Best Let Us Know.........linda Xx

KLK1107
11-06-07, 14:32
thank you Linda! I will definitely run that by my doctor, I know they told me before they wouldn't give anti-emetics unless I was throwing up, but I think me feeling sick, not being able to eat, and panicking before I feel sick isn't a good thing for the baby and if an anti-emetic will help then I am hoping they will say it's ok.

breeze25
11-06-07, 16:02
Congratulations.

Hi, this was a worry for me when I got pregnant, I was recommened ginger from a friend and i went along to a health food shop and got myself some ginger, didn't taste fantastic, but it took me from feeling like I was going to throw up, to feeling a lot better. I am sure you will be fine.

KLK1107
11-06-07, 22:25
you mean like the actual ginger spice? My fiance actually got me some of that and some ginger snaps... the ginger snaps didn't work, although that could be because i'm not hungry at all lately and it was hard to eat... did you throw up at all during your pregnancy?... my mom said she did once, but it was because she ate rich food or something, she said she never threw up in the morning... I just hate feeling like this, because I feel like I have no control... I have horrible panic attacks because of the nausea and I can't even take my xanax because they said it was unsafe.