PDA

View Full Version : New to NMP but no stranger to HA

Lucysmum2011
13-09-17, 14:03
Hi Everyone,
I'm 39 and i've been struggling with HA as long as I can remember.
I'm currently going through a terrible time and have had chronic hives and swelling of eyes/lips etc for the last three months which has sent my HA into overdrive. Dr's keep saying its an allergy and have only just reluctantly refered me to an allergist.
Just when i thought things couldny get any worse, I found a stringy thing in one of my breasts. My GP (who said she used to work in a breast clinic) had a very good feel and said it all felt like normal breast tissue. She refered me (non-urgently) to the breast clinic anyway beccause I was so scared and my appointment in next week (took about 5/6 weeks).
I am so so scared and have of course Googled relentlessly. My logic tells me that cancer isnt generally stringy and also that I would have been sooner had my GP been worried, but I keep thinking she's made a mistake and I'm going to be told the worst next week.
Oh god i have two very young children :weep:
Anyway, I'm sorry this isnt very cheery

venusbluejeans
13-09-17, 14:14
Hiya Lucysmum2011 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: