PDA

View Full Version : Anxious, depressed, London

Cat64
13-09-17, 14:06
Hi, I'm a 52 year old female care worker. I've had a lot going on over the past few months. I thought I was coping until I had a very serious anxiety attack in a clients home. My Doctor started me on Citalopram (20mg), I'm 10 days in. I do realise that symptoms can get worse before better. I'm currently so panic stricken and anxious I can barely function. It's so bad that I can't work. I don't feel safe to leave the house without my husband. I can't even answer the phone. I feel like a totally pathetic failure.

Cat64

KK77
13-09-17, 14:11
Very sorry to hear this, but as you know, meds can take time to work so try and hang in there till you feel stronger. That time will come, but in the meantime, use forum for support and advice.

All the best and welcome to NMP.

venusbluejeans
13-09-17, 14:14
Hiya Cat64 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Cat64
13-09-17, 22:43
Thank you all for responses. I had to call the Samaritans yesterday before preparing dinner. I was so depressed and anxious I could barely move.

I've suffered/managed/fought with this condition for over 30 years. When I was a teen there was no internet. I'm so grateful that now there is, which means this site is here.

I've read some articles. (Thanks venusbluejeans). It reminded me that It's so important what we say when we talk to ourselves.

Your welcoming support is very much appreciated.

I had a good play with our rather wild stray cat today. We both had fun. He's currently asleep on an armchair :D