PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhoea and stomach pain

nwoods92
13-09-17, 21:27
I just had a bloating out of nowhere and then diarrhoea literally (sorry is unpleasant) but like chocolate ice melted ice cream. Now I'm still bloated and pain all across stomach :( even some slight chest pain and burped a few times. I'm freaking out never had this as a symptom of anxiety!!! I was having a good day up until now. Reassurance please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight-mouse
13-09-17, 21:29
I just had a bloating out of nowhere and then diarrhoea literally (sorry is unpleasant) but like chocolate ice melted ice cream. Now I'm still bloated and pain all across stomach :( even some slight chest pain and burped a few times. I'm freaking out never had this as a symptom of anxiety!!! I was having a good day up until now. Reassurance please?

Could you have eaten something that disagrees with your digestive system

nwoods92
13-09-17, 21:31
I haven't eaten much the last few days as anxious but today had McDonald's for lunch and then spag Bol for tea but I eat this frequently :( scared it a blood clot in my stomach or something

Midnight-mouse
13-09-17, 21:37
I haven't eaten much the last few days as anxious but today had McDonald's for lunch and then spag Bol for tea but I eat this frequently :( scared it a blood clot in my stomach or something

I certainly wouldn't think anything that severe in the slightest just that something hasn't sat well with you

au Lait
13-09-17, 21:39
It's anxiety. I have GI upset from anxiety pretty much at least once a week. It sucks, but it's nothing to be afraid of. It's a very common physical side effect anxiety. Sometimes anxiety can cause new and scary physical side effects that seem to pop up out of the blue. I never used to get nauseous from my anxiety until recently, as an example.

Keep hydrated and try to eat some bland food for the next day or so until it clears up. You'll be fine. :)

nwoods92
13-09-17, 21:40
I know I keep thinking my airways are closing or my lips are swelling and these might all be reactions to something I've eaten! (I've never been allergic to anything) I sound crazy I know :( that or a blood clot or ulcer ! Thanks for reassuring me guys trying to stop the oncoming panic attack!

Midnight-mouse
13-09-17, 21:46
I know I keep thinking my airways are closing or my lips are swelling and these might all be reactions to something I've eaten! (I've never been allergic to anything) I sound crazy I know :( that or a blood clot or ulcer ! Thanks for reassuring me guys trying to stop the oncoming panic attack!

Your doing great to rationalise, it's all we can do when things start to spin. I hate having an upset stomach and unfortunately with anxiety and ibs it's a regular occurrence with me. Take it easy and take good care of yourself it will sort itself out. To be honest with you McDonald's has a habit of coming out much softer than it goes in with me and there's not a lot to it to start with!

nwoods92
13-09-17, 21:47
Just hoping my airways aren't closing on me !! Hoping it's the panic !! Thanks I think I will stick to small and often now. And no more junk! X

Midnight-mouse
13-09-17, 21:50
Just hoping my airways aren't closing on me !! Hoping it's the panic !! Thanks I think I will stick to small and often now. And no more junk! X

Junk has a nasty habit of doing these things. Believe me (I have allergies) it's not something that you are in any question about when it happens, difficulties breathing is unfortunately very normal with anxiety but it can not hurt you. Slow your breathing, nice and calm even if your heart is racing focus on keeping the breaths steady and they will get deeper and easier, you've got this. You've panicked before and survived it, you are going to get through it.

au Lait
13-09-17, 21:50
Feeling like you can't breathe is also a common physical effect of anxiety. Try some deep breathing exercises. I've had this same experience as you. I also thought that I was having some kind of reaction to something that I ate. I thought for sure that my throat was going to close and that I was going to die. It turned out that anxiety was the cause of everything I was feeling. It's scary when it's happening, but remind yourself that it's anxiety. Even though it feels so awful it can't harm you.

nwoods92
13-09-17, 21:51
Thank you so much you have really helped me this evening. Here if you ever want to talk so I can repay the favour xx

Midnight-mouse
13-09-17, 21:52
Thank you so much you have really helped me this evening. Here if you ever want to talk so I can repay the favour xx

Send me a message any time you need, I honestly do not mind. You have this and you will kick its sorry behind all the way to next week. I will certainly keep the offer in mind for the next time I wind up in a tizzy. Make sure to drink plenty and take it nice and easy x

nwoods92
13-09-17, 22:24
Thank you so much i am still awaiting the heart attack or panic attack either one - had funny chest pain since all this. Wish I could go back to being me :(

Midnight-mouse
13-09-17, 22:55
Thank you so much i am still awaiting the heart attack or panic attack either one - had funny chest pain since all this. Wish I could go back to being me :(

Ultimately these conditions can only take things from us that we let them as long as we keep fighting we will win those parts back. Even though I know it can seem practically impossible, how are you feeling now?