PDA

View Full Version : How do i get rid of morning anxiety?

Ethansmom
14-09-17, 14:47
Does it ever go away? The doctor switch my medicine to Lexepro. I have to take clonazepam every morning to feel better. I wake up shaking. Has anyone gone through this before, and do you have any tips to speed things along. I can't keep living like this!

Beckybecks
14-09-17, 16:58
Anxiety is worse in the morning because our stress hormones are at their highest levels then. Don't lie in bed. Get up and get busy and try to work it off. Walk, run, scrub the kitchen floor, any kind of activity
will help.

pulisa
14-09-17, 20:37
Do you think you could be waking up shaking in anticipation of your clonazepam fix?

MyNameIsTerry
15-09-17, 02:08
Anxiety is worse in the morning because our stress hormones are at their highest levels then. Don't lie in bed. Get up and get busy and try to work it off. Walk, run, scrub the kitchen floor, any kind of activity
will help.

I agree with this. It's not a cure, but it does help to reduce it for me. Also, a snack & drink seems to help too.

It is achieveable to beat this but I can't say how as I still struggle with this. One guy I knew on here for some time, now anxiety free after years and even a stay in hospital, said this was the last of his anxiety to go. He struggled for an answer too and in the end it just went for him but he was at the 90% anxiety free stage by then anyway so I guess it was just his next step on the ladder to the end of it.