PDA

View Full Version : 24/7 Deja vu

Livvy_rice
14-09-17, 15:18
Hi,
Ever since I have developed a fear of temporal lobe epilepsy i have been suffering with deja vu all day. This started to become a 24/7 thing this time last week and hasn't left me since. I get mini mili second deja vu on and off all day. I have tried to distract myself but nothing resllyworks. I'm really starting to get seriously depressed over it I want it all to stop I'm so scared there's soketing wrong with my brain, why else would someone have tiny mili second deja vu on and off ALL DAY for seven days :weep:

Fishmanpa
14-09-17, 15:26
Hi,
Ever since I have developed a fear of temporal lobe epilepsy i have been suffering with deja vu all day....why else would someone have tiny mili second deja vu on and off ALL DAY for seven days :weep:

Because you're hyper focused on it. That really is the reason. Getting to the root of your fear will treat the symptoms associated with it. Why not download the free CBT course in my signature and do some homework?

Positive thoughts

Livvy_rice
14-09-17, 16:11
Thank you for your reply, I'm just so scared I just want my brain to go back to normal its horrible so uncomfortable !!

Livvy_rice
16-09-17, 14:00
Anyone ? :(

Gary A
16-09-17, 14:09
Anyone ? :(

What do you want people to say?

Catherine S
16-09-17, 14:16
You thanked Fishmanpa for his reply livvy but you've ignored his advice. You say you want to be back to normal, so why not give the Free CBT course a try? It might help you to be more rational about it.

You've posted quite a few threads about this, as well as had alot of private message help and advice from various members. Not sure what you want people to say really, except what we always say and that is its a normal phenomenon, made worse because of being anxious and overthinking it every time it happens.

Take care
Cath S x

Livvy_rice
16-09-17, 14:38
I'm posting it to see if anyone else has had this symptom that's what i want people to say I want to know if there is anyone similar to me. I appreciate the advice but ive posted on here to hopefully find someone who understands and has been through something similar x

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

What is this site for if not for? Surely we are all in the same boat or we wouldn't all be on this site? Surely everyone knows exactly how it feels to be consumed by a fear and they look for reassurance where they can?

Catherine S
16-09-17, 14:42
There isn't a person alive that doesn't experience this...everybody does, and everybody who replies to you tells you so. Your anxiety about having epilepsy has made this into a really big issue for you. Instead of asking how many of us experience these deja vu episodes, you should really be asking how we can help you to tackle your anxiety. Perhaps starting with downloading the free CBT advice.

Cath ☺ x

KK77
16-09-17, 16:40
I thought it was deja vu when I saw this thread, as you posted before about this and got a fair few of replies - including mine. I don't need explicit recognition for posting but I do sometimes wonder whether members actually read all the posts they receive and just how much reassurance they need before they're satisfied.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=206789

Dubmom
16-09-17, 16:46
I have noticed that I get deja vu more frequently when I am anxious/stressed. It used to really bother me and I worried a lot about it. But now, I just take it as a sign of anxiety/panic/stress. A lot of times those things are subconscious and I treat deja vu sort of like an aura before a migraine. I take it as a sign that I need to focus on calming myself.