PDA

View Full Version : Movement causing headaches

boy
10-06-07, 23:37
In March I posted about a fierce achey pain in my head when I bend down, that would last for a couple of seconds, max, and then stop, even if I was still bending down. It was in the middle to front right side. At its worst, just talking rather loudly would cause moments of the pain, or breathing in and then breathing out quickly. It lasted a week and a half, then went away for a week, came back for a week and a half, went away for 2 weeks, then came back for another week and a half. Then, after another couple of weeks it returned, only this time it had moved to the very back left of my head and wasn't quite so intense (most of the time). This lingered for about 4 weeks, and seems to have pretty much gone away, on the whole.

Now, I get a strong blood-pumping, pulsating feeling, not as intense, more discomfort if I look down, or only when I stand up from looking down, or if I jump up in the air, it jarrs my head and causes the feeling. It's been on the right side of my head again but was more on the left yesterday.

Obviously I'm worried it could be a tumour and I'm only comforted by the fact that every pain went away for a while... surely it'd stay constantly if it was serious? Or can pressure gradually even out by letting air escape through your ears, then start hurting again when enough pressure builds up again shortly after? Help! :(

breeze25
11-06-07, 18:05
I can totally relate to where you coming from, I am convinced I have a tumour at the moment as well, even thought we both probably don't.

i am going back to the doctors tomorrow just to put my mind at rest and if its bothering you that much, just pop along and see the doctor who should hopefully be of some help.

worrying247
11-06-07, 19:04
Sorry that you're feeling so badly. I had a similar experience with my head. I noticed it when I was more stressed or anxious. Sometimes we tense our shoulders and necks without even noticing it and that can cause tension in the head resulting in headaches and weird sensations. Also have you been to the dentist lately? Sometimes your teeth can cause your head to hurt even if its just a minor cavity. Anyways I hope you feel better soon and just try to relax and I promise you they will go away.:)

boy
15-06-07, 19:34
Anyone else familiar with what I described (read all of it, as daunting as that seems)? I now have a fierce pumping headache all over that's brought on/made worse by walking around and looking down, as well as the regular feelings in concentrated around the back and middle of my head. This one stays in the background pretty much all the time. It's probably a result of the cold I appear to have and I have a neckache, but you know what it's like!

claireypoo
18-06-07, 20:15
Hi there

I totally had what you describe when my anx was bad - it was also the last of my physical symptoms to go (and still comes back once in a while when i'm mega mega stressed)

Does your head feel full and tight and achey? Like it will explode/implode? Mine used to feel like that a lot plus I had the sharp "ice pick" headaches too. They were intense tightly painful areas on my head that lasted a few seconds then would go. I also had pressure sensations on my scalp and sometimes a really nasty stiff/tight/full feeling at the base of my skull top of my neck. Sometimes i would get strange heat/cold sensations on my scalp too. I used to get the throbbing heads but they were helped by pain killers mostly the throbbing headaches felt like hangover headaches and I usually got them if I hadn't eaten properly or forgotten my multi vits (weirdly) They would also hurt worse as i bent down. I know that is a sign of sinus congestion and I usually had just had a cold when they would be bad.

Horrible and scary - I went to docs and they did reassure me that mine were my anxiety messing with my muscles. Yours sound quite similar to mine. But if you are worried see your doc, they don't mind and 10 mins of their time is certainly worth days/ weeks of worrying for you! (That's the way I see it!)Try 4Head, i used that and it either helps a bit or it tingles so much it distracts you!

This link is good to show you how referred pain from other mucsles can sometimes cause pain in your head.

http://www.round-earth.com/HeadPainIntro.html

I found my headaches were made worse by resting my chin on my hands or by holding phone between my neck and shoulder a lot. My posture was terrible actually. Since I started remembering my posture more - I noticed when my shoulders were climbing up to my ears, I noticed when i was clenching my teeth and also when i was hunched over the keyboard - and stopped - the headaches were helped straight away but they still took a long time to completely go tho. I had an on/off headache pretty much every day for 18 months. If I'm honest tho, I can't say it was agony or even that painful really - more discomfort and occasional pain and mostly I was upset by them cos they scared me.

Lots lots better now :)

All the best
Claire

boy
18-06-07, 20:46
Ah thanks. The ones when I bend down are pains that I don't have at any other time, and ofen at the back at the moment where there are no sinuses. Hopefully only neck tension-related. However it's reassuring to see the kind of headaches you describe as I'm having those at the moment, on and off.